#007 ━ ☆ memory !

I slowly walked to the door and peeped through the little hole. "Albedo? Why are you here?"

"I want to have a talk with your brother, please..."

Xiao violently shook his head, clearly not wanting to talk to Albedo right now. But I felt guilty for Albedo; he sounded genuine. So, despite my brother's response, I opened the door.

"Thank you."

Xiao turned the other way and buried his face on the sofa.

"Xiao, please. I know we're on not-so-good terms, but you have to listen."

I stared at the two while Albedo tried to make Xiao listen to him. Finally, I gathered the courage to walk over to Xiao and force him. "Xiao, go talk to Albedo. Can't you see he's desperate? It's genuine. If someone wishes to speak to you, listen to them." Xiao was a bit shocked at my response but didn't have any other choice. He got up and sat on the sofa.

"Thank you, Xiao, and Y/N, may you leave us to talk?"

"Of course," I smiled and walked over to my room.

☆ xiao's pov

"What do you want from me?"

"Listen, we may have found the person who hit your sister."

My eyes widened hearing his words; I turned to stare at him for a bit. "Well then, who?" He sighed and pulled out a photocard, handing it to me. "Vir...? No way. She'd never do that! I refuse to believe it."

"I know, Vir was really kind and nice to you, but all the clues led up to her."

I started fumbling my hands; I didn't know how I should react. Did Vir really do this? "Vir and Y/N were very close. Why would she... but..."

He put a hand on my shoulder and sighed, "I know they were, but think about it. The same day your sister got hit was also the same day Viriticia went missing and lost contact. And the sightings from the camera look similar to her."

"What sightings?" Albedo got out a camera from his bag and showed me a recording. It was a traumatic experience I wish I never had to see again, but here we are. Albedo and I observed the car in the video. There was a woman driving and a girl in the back. "Same dirty blonde hair... Same ponytail... Is it really Vir?" I thought to myself.

"See?" I nodded in response. I knew it wasn't her fault, but I couldn't help but feel upset. Viriticia was one of my first friends, along with Albedo; she was my best friend too. "Do you know where she is or her number?"

"I think we have a record of her from the hospital."

"Let's go then."

"This late? What about Y/N?"

"Fine, we'll go tomorrow, but don't tell her."

[ ☆ ]

"I heard everything. Honestly, it's kind of stupid. I mean, what makes them think Viriticia would talk to them! Or even me! Like, so what if we were best friends back then! Sure, I need friends, but like, come on!"

"You done ranting?" Venti asked. I sighed and crossed my arms, "Yeah, yeah, whatever..." Venti's face suddenly lit up in excitement. "Hey, look, Keqing and Ganyu are there! Maybe we could go-" I grabbed onto his shirt before he could walk over to them. "Is shopping the only thing on your mind? You don't even have a job..."

Venti pouted and sat back down. He gave me a little 'hmm..' in hopes of guilting me.

"Listen, Venti. I need to go find Viriticia myself before them! If I know my brother, he would do something stupid; his anger issues could never handle the fact someone hurt me, especially hospitalize me! You have to help..."