#008 ★ ━ misconception

"Meet my friend, Viriticia."

Holy fuck, what just happened?

"Wait, Zhongli, stop the car!" I yelled. He stopped the car and stared at me, confused and stunned. 

"What is it that you need, child?"

"Can I talk to Viriticia?" 

Zhongli nodded in response and got out of the car. Viriticia followed him and walked over to me. "Hi, Vir," she sighed and responded bluntly. "What do you want?" Her face looked annoyed, her tone was cold, and she crossed her arms. I was hesitant at first but showed her the photocard from Albedo's house.

"Is this you?" 

Her eyes widened, and she snatched the photocard from me. "Where the hell did you get this?"

"From Albedo, why?"

She turned away from my gaze and stared at the picture. I was scared to approach her, so I waited there. "Hey, guys, this is kinda awkward," Venti spoke out. Keqing gave him a death glare and signaled him to shut up.

"Listen, kid, I'm not sure if you understand, but they are both lying to you."

I raised an eyebrow and stared at her confused. She seemed dead serious, and I didn't want to make her angry and cause trouble. "Who's lying to me?"

"You know who." 

"I do?" I thought to myself.

Viriticia gave me the photocard back and turned to the car with Zhongli inside. "See you next time, kid."

She drove off and left me with the photocard all alone. Keqing went up to me and patted my shoulder. "Hey Y/N, you should get home. If anything is wrong, we can call Xiao for you."

"I'm fine. No need to call Xiao for me; I just need to fix my mess."

Zhongli and Viriticia drove off with Hu Tao; I went back inside and sat down with Venti. Beidou sat with me and tried to start a conversation, "You good Y/N?"

"I'm fine, Beidou."

"You don't seem alright. Want me to take you home?"

"Sure, I guess."

[ ☆ ]

Xiao was sitting in a chair at our dining table; he seemed to be stress-eating while doing homework. "Hi, Xiao," I greeted.

His eyes widened, and he stared at me for a second before getting up and hugging me tightly. "Y/N! Where have you been?" He squished me tightly, barely letting me breathe.

It's very unusual for my brother to show me affection, so I hugged him back gently. "I was with Venti, why?"

"I got a call from Zhongli that you got into trouble with his friend. Are you alright?" I chuckled lightly, "Oh yeah... about that."

Before I could respond, there was a subtle knock on the door. Xiao left to go check it.

"Hello, Xiao, do you mind if we have a talk? Oh, and hello too, dear, Y/N."

Xiao looked a bit worried and let him in. "What do you need, Albedo?"

He chuckled lightly and smiled. "Relax, Xiao; it's not anything serious, just had to talk about some stuff. Oh, and Y/N, you are free to go whenever to let us talk." I nodded along and went upstairs.

While Albedo was talking with Xiao downstairs, I was sketching in my bed.

I kicked my legs back and forth, slightly biting my lip in curiosity. "Maybe I should go check up on them!"