18: Sad Spider

(Your POV)

Well, today was shit. I was thinking that maybe today, Me and Gwen could, you know, try and work things out since we had a big fight. But today, me and her just ignored each other. I wanted to talk to her but I felt like she was still pissed off at me, so I didn't want to approach her when she's mad. I waited for her to open up to me but it never happened. We didn't talk at all, nor made eye contact. We were just silent.

You: (Sigh)

Well, tonight's another duty night with Spider-Woman. I approach the rooftop and see she's already there, sitting on the ledge. She looks pouty at the moment. She has her knees up to her chest and she's hugging them, like someone would when they're upset. I hop on the roof and sit down next to her.

You: Hey.

Spider-Woman: Hi Spider-Man...

She turns to me, resting her cheek on her kneecaps as she looks at me.

You: You okay? Everything work out with that guy?

Spider-Woman: No...

You: What happened?

Spider-Woman: Nothing... Literally, nothing. He didn't talk to me at all, he's already moved on and thinking about that girl probably.

You: Yeah? My girl, didn't talk to me at all either. She was angry with me.

She faces away me and put her chin on her knees. I scoot closer and put my arm around her, pulling her close to me to comfort her. Thankfully, she accepts by resting her head on my shoulder and scooting in closer to me.

Spider-Woman: (Sigh) I'm upset...

You: You can take the night off if you'd like. I got it from here.

Spider-Woman: No way. It's either be here with you or mope in my room. I'd rather be with you all the way.

You: R-really?

Spider-Woman: Yeah, you're amazing.

You: Wow...

I blush under my mask and my heart feels warm.

You: Thanks... You're cool too.

Spider-Woman: (giggles) Good.

We both separate from each other and limber up before we head off to swing around.

(Timeskip)

Again, we got double trouble. 2 people tried to break into a car and we stopped them. I got 1 of them webbed up, checking off that I got him immobile. I quickly shot a web at his crotch and he started screaming.

You: Damn, my bad homie. Broke the bro code. But you were about to break into this car so, whatever.

I wave bye to the robber and look over to see Spider-Woman is having a conversation with the other robber.

Spider-Woman: (Sniff) And then he was like "Maybe she isn't the one for me!" even though we've done so many things together that couples do!

You: (Sigh)

She's ranting to the robber about the boy she likes. I could tell that the robber was confused about what she was saying and why she was saying it. His eyes gave me enough information that he wanted her away from him and so I went up to them to pull her aside.

Spider-Woman: (Sniff) and (sniff) and then he had the audacity to KISS HER! LIKE WHAT THE F-

You: Okay okay, I think he's heard enough.

I grab her and pull her into a hug. She hugs me back and cries onto my shoulder. I start patting her back and sway her left to right.

Spider-Woman: (Cries)

You: There there, it's okay. I'm sorry you had to go through that. But we should probably find you a spot to wipe off those tears that are building up in your mask.

Spider-Woman: (Sniff) Okay, but you can't see who I am. It's a secret.

You: I know, I won't.

I let go of her and we both swing to a spot where she's able to take off her mask and wipe her face off from her tears.

(Timeskip)

We land on our rooftop and immediately, Spider-Woman comes up to me and hugs me.

Spider-Woman: Thanks for tonight.

You: Huh?

Confused and all, I hugged her back and question what she means.

You: I didn't do much.

Spider-Woman: Well, you just being here makes me feel better about what's been going on.

You: Yeah? You also make me feel better to.

Spider-Woman: (Sigh) Tomorrow's Valentine's Day...

She hugs me tighter as she says that. Her reminding me of that makes my heart sink too. My plans with Gwen on that day is all gone. Her sending me mixed signals and her saying I threw all the stuff we did together out the window like was nothing. It's almost like she did the same thing. I pull Spider-Woman closer to me.

Spider-Woman: I have no plans anymore...

You: Yeah, me neither... You're still going to be here tomorrow, right?

Spider-Woman: Of course I am, I got nothing to do. Are you?

You: Yeah.

Spider-Woman: Good....

After a while of us holding each other, we slowly break the hug, still holding onto each other's hands as we separate. All we do is just stare at each other.

You: Um... I'm happy being with you...

Spider-Woman's visor eyes widen when she said that, shocked that I said that to her. I'm even surprised I said that too, I didn't even think about saying it. But, in response, she steps forward and leans her head on mine. I lean back on hers and again, we stay like this for a while.

Spider-Woman: Thank you...

After a bit, we finally let go of each other and awkwardly back up.

You: I uh, gotta go.

Spider-Woman: No, yeah. Me too!

You: But I'll uh, see you tomorrow.

Spider-Woman: Yup, see you tomorrow.

You: Cool.

Spider-Woman: Cool.

We then both turn around and swing in the opposite directions. I turn back and just watch her go. I think about us for a second, how the person we like done us dirty.

You: (Sigh) I should do something for her...