❝AUNT?❞

AUNT?

 THE HISTORY OF MAGIC classroom at Hogwarts was notorious for inducing drowsiness, with its dim lighting and Professor Binns's monotone voice narrating tales of long-gone wizards

Lilith, Terry, and Evelyn settled into their seats, anticipating another day of trying to stay awake through the historical drone.

As Professor Binns began recounting a particularly dry tale of wandlore from the 14th century, Lilith leaned over to Terry and whispered, "I swear, if I hear one more story about wand craftsmanship, I might actually fall asleep and start crafting my own wand out of boredom."

Terry stifled a laugh, replying, "Maybe we can convince Professor Binns to let us update the history books with some more exciting anecdotes. ‘The thrilling adventures of the three Hogwarts troublemakers.’"

Evelyn, with a mischievous grin, joined in, "I can already imagine the title – ‘Wizards, Wands, and Whimsical Shenanigans: A Modern Twist on Magical History.’ "

The trio chuckled, finding solace in their shared disdain for the tedious nature of the history class.

As Professor Binns continued his drone, they exchanged amused glances, silently vowing to make the most of the situation.

Lilith, unable to resist a bit of fun, raised her hand when Professor Binns momentarily paused. "Professor, quick question: do you think the wizards back in the 14th century also struggled to stay awake during this enthralling lecture?"

Terry and Evelyn suppressed laughter as Professor Binns, completely unfazed, responded, "Well, I daresay their struggles were not unlike ours. Now, where was I? Ah, yes, wandlore..."

The trio rolled their eyes but continued to endure the history lesson with a healthy dose of banter.

Terry, always the one to inject a bit of humor, whispered, "I bet even the ghosts have trouble staying awake in this class. Do you think Nearly Headless Nick ever nodded off?"

Evelyn grinned, "Maybe that's why he's 'Nearly Headless.' A particularly boring history class in his past life."

As the class dragged on, Lilith, Terry, and Evelyn took turns doodling on spare pieces of parchment, creating caricatures of Professor Binns with exaggerated yawns and snoring bubbles. Their sketches passed discreetly between them, providing a source of amusement in an otherwise dreary atmosphere.

When the bell finally rang, signaling the end of the history lesson, the trio couldn't have been more relieved.

They gathered their belongings, exchanging triumphant glances that said, "We survived another one."

As they exited the classroom, Lilith couldn't help but express her relief, "If magical history had a snooze counter, I'm pretty sure we set a new record today."