Ghost with the Most

Cassandra's POV

Sunday is the celebration of family day. The day where the snobby brats parents show up and complain to the other adults how their rich lives are terrible. I stood off to the side as Ben and the selective few began to perform their own rendition of "Be Our Guest." It's a song that means oh so close to the royal family. I spotted the vk's in their own spot away from everyone as they watched the prince's performance. After everything that went down with Mal, the tension between the group and I grew. I rolled my eyes as the singing continued on knowing very well that they would be the cause of my head ache. Their performance finally ended as I made my way to Doug.

"Well, it looks like everyone enjoyed that performance." I said as I crossed my arms in front of me. Doug turned around with a smile on his face before letting out a small laugh.

"Surprise to see you here. What was it that you said about today? Right, that is pointless." Doug laughed as he wrapped his arm around me. I mean, I wasn't wrong it's not like my family would ever be invited to things like this. Ghost and normal people don't mix well. We're their worst nightmare coming true.

"My point is still valid." I stated as Doug and I walked over to one of the tables. A burning sensation creeped up my arm, causing me to rub it. After yesterday, this feeling has been happening constantly today. My eyes scanned the crowd as I spotted Ben heading towards his parents. Doug followed my line of sight before letting out a sigh.

"He's been asking about you." Doug stated as I took my gaze off the prince. "Everyone has been talking about what happened yesterday." Doug said. "I don't know what happened, Cassie, but I'll always be by your side." I didn't say anything in return towards Doug as I gave him a small smile. I mean, the truth is bound to happen at some point, but right now, I just want one peaceful day.

"Mal! Cas!" Ben shouted from where he was standing. I raised my eyebrow at the boy before getting a nudge from Doug. Mal, on the other hand, slowly walked over as she kept her distance away from me. Again, the burning grew stronger and hotter, but this time, it felt like it was in my head. "I wanna introduce you to my parents." Ben stated as both of us arrived at the same time.

"Ben." Mal stated in a whisper. I let out a small laugh, earning a glare from her. I noticed that the evil lizard was shockingly nervous. Her eyes swirled with green fire as she looked at me. The burning sensation stopped once she looked away from me as Ben caught our attention.

"This is Mal. From the island. And this is Cassandra. She's from...." Ben trailed off, not knowing how to describe where I live.

"My home is in between the lands of here and Bayou de Orleans." I clearly stated. "It's lovely to meet Ben's parents. He talks very highly of you two." I stated, giving them a smile. Ben let out a small sigh as he looked over to me as he mouthed thank you. I took notice of how the king and queen seemed to calm down a bit from my statement.

"Mm..." Queen Belle hummed as she held onto her husband. As much as she was the one known to not judge others, she wasn't really doing a good job at that.

"My girlfriend. And soon to be Royal Advisor." Ben stated as he added titles to our names. Royal Advisor? Me? I glanced over at the prince, wanting to know why he picked me as his Royal Advisor. My thoughts were interrupted as Ben spoke once more, "I was thinking maybe they can join us for lunch." Ben looked at his parents in a hopeful way. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh, seeing the soon to be king waiting for an answer.

"Of... course. Any friend of Ben's..." King Adam began to say, not really sure exactly what to call us. I noticed Ben was looking not at Mal but at me. I raised my eyebrow at him as his smile continued to grow.