A Promise Worth Keeping

3rd POV

Cassandra continued walking towards the only place that accepted her. She had one thing on her mind, and that was Mal. The thought of the twisted fairy made her blood boil. She needed to work on a plan to fix the mess she's in. Her thoughts continued, and the main common factor each one had was that she was a failure. They were soon interrupted as she heard the prince's voice shouting at her. "Cassandra! Cassandra, please wait! Cassandra!" the prince shouted as he ran up to the girl. He grabbed her hand, causing her to quickly turn around and face him. Cassandra forcefully pulled her hand away from his grip.

"Don't you dare touch me!" Cassandra shouted back towards Ben. He took a step back from her outbrust. Not knowing what to do as she stood there in her true ghostly form. "Whatever you have to say, I don't want to hear it." Cassandra stated angerly towards the prince. Ben saw the fire in her eyes as she looked at him.

"I'm sorry about what happened back there." Ben replied. He was hoping to calm her down before anything else happened. "I just talked to Mal and the others about what happened back there." Ben continued on, "Audrey's grandmother had no right to treat them like that. And I'm sorry about what happened to you." Ben said

"Oh, you're sorry? Sorry for what exactly? Sorry for standing up for her, or are you sorry for not saying anything in my defense?" Cassandra questioned him. Her eyes scanned his face, looking for an answer.

"You wouldn't understand." said Ben. Cassandra face grew cold as she began walking away. He sighed before running to catch up to her. "Cassandra, I didn't mean it like that." Ben stuttered out. "Mal, she spelled me, and I was just trying to protect the kingdom and the people I care about." Ben spoke out. Cassandra stopped in her tracks, causing the boy to do the same.

"You knew! This whole time, you knew and didn't tell me!" Cassandra shouted at him. The prince took a step back before speaking. Of course, she knew the truth, but hearing those words after months of him dating Mal hurt.

"Cassandra, what was I supposed to do?" Ben questioned. "What if I told you and she hurt you?" Ben added on as he tried to calm the girl down. Cassandra let out a laugh that he had never heard before. This laugh was a more dark and sinister one, but he was prepared for anything.

"You do realize that she wasn't the one who hurt me here. You did." Cassandra pointed out towards him. The prince eyes widened at her comment as he understood her anger. "You pretended to be in a relationship with her for months now." Cassandra continued. "It was funny cause here you told me that YOU wanted to try and make something work." Cassandra ended. Her once bright blue aura turned into a dark blue color.

"Cassandra, Mal had a silly little crush and didn't believe things would work if she told me." Ben said. Cassandra narrowed her eyes at the prince before speaking once more.

"A simple way to solve that would be saying no." Cassandra stated as she crossed her arms. "Oh? I'm sorry. Did you forget that word existed?" Cassandra sarcastically questioned. She rolled her eyes as she began walking once more.

"What was I supposed to do?" Ben questioned. "What did you want me to do?" He shouted towards her.

"Do whatever you want." Cassandra stated. Her tone of voice has shifted from anger to sadness. She kept walking, not caring if the prince would follow her or not. Instead of him leaving her, the prince followed without saying a word. The two walked in silence, Ben didn't realize the path they were walking was towards the mansion. The fog began to roll in once Cassandra stepped foot on the mansions grounds. Ben noticed the fog as he stepped closer to Cassandra. He was surprise to hear her voice once again. "We should hurry." Cassandra whispered loud enough for him to hear.