Preface - The story begins in Chapter 1

This preface is here to give a brief synopsis of the story, to go over content warnings, and to touch on the werewolf tropes that will/will not be included. If you're not interested in that, then thank you for clicking on this story, and please continue to the first chapter!

Synopsis:

Lily doesn't remember her 21st – not after her best friend decided to get her absolutely plastered. Still, she can't help but feel like something important happened ...

Something like meeting her mate.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lillian Reed has flown out to Las Vegas to spend her 21st birthday with her lifelong best friend. Together, they plan on having the night of their lives in one of the most decadent party cities in the country.

However, in the aftermath, Lily is left with more than just a mind-shredding hangover. She's left with the vague, but insistent feeling that something important happened last night, something monumental, life-changing even...

If only she could remember what.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Content Warning:

My stories feature adults doing adult things. I'll be putting content warnings on chapters that feature significant instances of adult material but take it as a given that most chapters will feature some level of not-safe-for-young-folks stuff. If that's not your cup of tea, then thank you for at least checking out my story, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

This story will include:

Adult language – My characters swear. A lot. Sorry!

Domestic Violence - Not the main characters and not graphic, but if that's something you don't want to read about today, then you deserve a heads up!

Sexual situations – This book is a romance, and it will feature characters having sex. I'll tag this if you would rather skip it.

Tropes:

I like playing around with werewolf lore and what I use might vary from story to story. I will do my best to make these differences clear in the text, but I also wanted to provide a list so you can see at a glance what kind of werewolves I will be writing about.

This story will include:

Destined mates – There's a lot of fun and interesting story tension that can be wrung out of the whole, "there's someone out there that you are destined to be with" concept, and I want to play with it!

Alphas – There are several avenues for someone to become the leader of a werewolf pack, and once someone has achieved that role, they are called an "Alpha".

Masquerade – In this story, werewolf society is hidden from humans, and werewolves are bound by laws that compel them to uphold this masquerade.

This story will NOT include:

Claiming bites – Walking around with visible bite marks doesn't exactly work with my whole "hidden werewolf society" story universe.

Omegas – I'm sorry, I understand that this is a popular trope, but I'm just not comfortable with the idea of one group of people being in a set underclass of werewolf society. It's not my jam.

Inherited titles – Similar to the last point, I'm not comfortable with a society where leadership roles are hereditary. Sorry!

Mind-linking: I get the purpose of enabling werewolves to telepathically communicate with each other, but I'm choosing to not include that as part of my worldbuilding.

Other:

Just a couple random items that I wanted to touch on before we get to the story proper.

Faceclaims: I don't really share what I think my characters look like – I want you to be able to decide for yourselves!

Music: You really don't want me inflicting my musical taste on you – trust me.

Shameless Self-Promo: If you enjoy what you read here, please consider checking out my first werewolf book, I Stole the Alpha's Car and my new project I'm the Alpha's Crush!

Cover Photo: Photo by Eyestetix Studio on Unsplash

Thank you for taking the time to check this out! I hope you enjoy the story!