|Chapter 23|

Finally, everything is back to normal. A few weeks went by from the little fiasco with Diego and Manuel. In those few weeks I was working more with my company and Mafia.

But, today is the day I will get the next folder in motion. I was getting ready in my room. Firstly I have to stop by my company and then I can get back and do the rest. I chose a light outfit because it's burning outside.

Her outfit ~

When I got dressed I got my hand bag and put all the necessary things in there before making my way out of my room and into the kitchen

When I got into the kitchen I saw Diego sitting on a barstool, his head in his hands as he looked down.

I ignored him and moved past him towards the coffee maker.

As I was making my coffee I heard him sight before he opened his god damn mouth and ruined my morning.

"Victoria I fucked up in life a lot."

I rolled my eyes and turned around to face him. My face is stone cold as I looked at his eyes that are moments from spilling tears.

"Why did you put me up for adoption?" I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned on the counted top behind me.

He looked taken aback at the question. Like I forget they abounded me at two. Like I forgot what I went through because of them.

The only good thing about that situation is that I met my family and friends who love me. I met Ros, Lisa and Xan. That is one of the greatest things that I got from being left alone at two.

"Why?" I repeated again. Edge to my voice as I spoke.

"Because when we had you we couldn't afford another child. We already had all of your brothers. Around the time you were born our Mafia didn't make as much money. We tried, to see what it would be like to live with another baby. But, we couldn't. So, we decided to set you up for adoption. Easy for you easy for us."

"Elizabeth was born a few months after you all left me. Why didn't you abounded her like you did me?" I asked. I was really curious as to why they kept her but not me.

He stayed quiet and looked down at his feet, avoiding eye contact. I nodded at myself and muttered a few things I would like to be done to him.

As I glared at him and he looked down the coffee maker dinged. I turned away from him and behind me towards my hot drink.

I replaced a mug that the coffee was in with a portable mug that I carry to work.

I silently sipped my hot beverage while glaring at Diego. I let out a sight before taking my bag from the counter and walking towards the front door so I can get away from this hell of a house.

I got into my car and turned on the engine. I drove away from there and towards the city. From birds to planes, the scenario changed.

After I spend some time at the company Xan and I have plans before I can go home. He didn't want to say where he was taking me but he told me to dress comfortable.