Chapter One

She's lithe and quick. Easy to overlook. 

She knows this. Using it to her advantage every day, she slips in and out of tight spots, near misses and dangerous moments. 

Rey Johnson learned at an early age how to be invisible. She went unnoticed by teachers, peers and the foster care system. As a young child, it hurt to be ignored and cast away. However, as she entered adolescence, it became a life saver. She was able to slip in school late without being caught, tired from being awake all night in the back of her foster mom's car. 

The woman was too drunk to drive and had passed out. 

Rey learned how to dumpster dive quickly and quietly, without the business owners noticing. 

Her third foster dad had forgotten to go to the grocery store, again. 

So by the time she finished high school, with honors, thank you very much, Rey was an expert at stealing. 

She could've gone to college, sure, but she'd crunched the numbers. 

Being a professional car thief made her way more money. 

Even though she has to share with him

Tucking her long tresses into the back of her hoodie, she pulls it up over her head, securing it tightly around her face. The large sunglasses were dark enough to hide her eyes, an inconvenience she'd had to get used to, as most of her jobs are after dark. She slips the cotton face mask over her petite nose, hiding her face completely, just in case. 

She's never been caught, but Rey isn't taking any chances. 

Pulling her gloves tight and tucking in her shoelaces, she's ready. 

The car is a beauty. A black TIE Silencer with red trim, the value is astounding

She'd been scoping it for weeks. It will bring in more money than she's ever managed before. The fact that it's a custom build makes her pure giddy. 

Rey shivers in anticipation, already planning to drive it to a remote location so she can really play with it. 

She also can't wait to pop the hood, run her fingers over the engine.

Glancing around quickly, she checks one final time. Rey knows the owner's schedule like the back of her hand. 

Although she's not sure exactly what he does here, he's here twelve hours a day, six days a week. The restaurant is open every day, except Mondays. 

Although, figuring the value of the rare vehicle, she suspects he's the owner.