⚜️1⚜️ - Blazing Serenity

J'ai plus besoin de paix que d'attention

I crave peace more than attention

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

I craved peace more than attention.

I relished the stillness of the solitude and basked in the comforting serenity. No agitation. No anxiety. No pain. Only the feeling of being completely calm.

The softness of the clouds brushed my fingers and dissolved with a gentle push of my hand. The cool breeze caressed my cheeks and made me feel completely at ease, filling my body as I took deep breaths. I kicked my foot against the clouds to move the swing I was laying on and gazed at the sunset glimmers peeking through the dense clouds.

This was bliss. This was my place at Heaven... or so I thought as if I was entitled to one after living my life without any piece of peace. It was overdue. I could finally rest now.

Only I couldn't. All because of Patience's enemy, Wrath. A red haired, annoying looking dude who came out of nowhere to be placed as my blockage to quiet afterlife.

"My name's Hoseok," he introduced himself when all the Sins and Virtues were seated around the meeting table. "I became the Sin of Wrath."

When his sharp eyes met mine, I nodded. "I'm Anhye. Virtue of Patience."

After my introduction, Wrath did something unexpected. He smiled brightly at me as if he was meeting a friend. I froze for a moment at the gesture since the others were mostly displeased with each other, either clearly showing it like Humility and Envy or trying to hide it like Sloth and Chastity. Wrath was either actually nice to me or he was hiding his true feelings really really well.

Either way, I didn't care. I wasn't going to get involved with him or anyone else on that matter. I wanted peace.

Every now and then, I roamed around humans to placate them, sometimes using my powers, and stayed at my place in silence when I needed rest. It was weird how my emotions were nearly gone and I didn't get physically tired. Only mentally tired whenever I ran into Wrath. Not because he was messing with material objects to irritate people using his telekinesis, but because he was too friendly with me.

His lips would form a heart and his eyes would squish into lines when he grinned at me whenever we met. Or he would simply smile at me and small dimples would appear on his lower cheeks. I, on the other hand, would ignore him and leave since there would be no need for me to clash with him. I could do damage control after he left anyways. Nothing good would come out with interacting with him.

"Wait! Anhye!"

I turned around with furrowed eyebrows, a little irked. "I'd prefer it if you could call me Patience instead of my former name, Wrath."

His eyes widened and he apologized immediately with clasped hands. "Sorry! I still didn't get used to those names, so I'm sorry!"

His voice was louder than most people's and it sounded like he was shouting when he was only normally talking. Definitely tiring. I didn't want to hear it much often. It was as if everything about him was loud. His blazing red hair, his bright smile, his gleeful voice, the way he walked confidently and even the way he apologized.

"Patience?" He tested, staring at me for approval, and I nodded. "I don't think we've spoken since the first big meeting."

"Why should I?" I raised an eyebrow, making him pause. "I don't think there's any need for us to talk. We're just here for our duties."