⚜️7⚜️ - Worries and Losses

Nous ne pouvons pas remonter le temps

We can't turn back time

┏━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┓

Faint whispers of my name made me stop in my track and search my surroundings before finding Temperance calling for me. She was crouching very suspiciously like she was stalking someone and hiding behind a shrub. But why would she hide? No one could see us.

I approached her with a 'what the heck are you doing' face. "Hey, genius, you're invisible."

"Shh!" She suddenly shushed me and pulled me to herself, earning a yelp and a profanity from me. "I found that man who became the prey of Lust. Wanna see?"

I looked at her in disbelief. "Huh?"

"There! Look!" She pointed at the window of the building we were standing next to, and inside it, there was a tall man with a buff build but soft facial features, smiling and playing with children. He was definitely handsome and I would have mistaken him for a high schooler or even middle schooler because of his baby face. There was an air of innocence surrounding him and I felt a little pitiful that he was the target of such messed up agreement.

"Oh my gosh! There's Lust," the crazy blue haired girl screamed, shaking me by my shoulder and pointing at the purple haired girl who looked nothing like how she used to be. Her hair was braided, her shirt buttoned up and she was wearing a very happy expression as she laughed with the children. Was she the Sin of Lust or a Heavenly Virtue? Must be a mask she was wearing to fool that guy.

"Wait, what was his name again?"

"Jungkook," Temperance answered before sighing. "He's cute, right? Such a shame. If I could intervene, I would have ages ago. Such a good man we're losing to Lust."

"I'm sure Chastity knows what she's doing," I uselessly tried to reassure when I was not even sure in all honesty.

"I hope so..." She stared at the wind in thoughts. "I'll keep an eye just to make sure."

"Make sure what?"

I jumped in slight shock when Chastity appeared. She took a glance at the two inside the building and chuckled. "You two look like stalkers. Good thing people can't see you."

"How can you laugh when those two are close like that?" Temperance marched up to her. "Aren't you worried? Hello? Your life is on the line?"

Chastity gave us her usual graceful smile. "It's touching that you're caring about me. But I said it before, I know what I'm doing. This." She gestured to the two. "Is what I wanted, too. It's a part of my plan and a part of the risk I was willing to take."

She had the expression that was hard to shake. It was so sure, so confident. Still, I found myself thinking, was it really alright? Nothing bad would happen to her, right?

"Why don't we leave these two lovebirds alone and go for lunch or something?" Chastity locked arms with Temperance and I on both sides, and dragged us with sunshine radiating from her expression.

Back then, I never imagined...

The day came that we would part forever.

The six of us Virtues didn't think things would turn out so wrong. Chastity was so sure that she would be fine. We believed her. I believed her. I wasn't able to share my thoughts. My worries. I simply looked at her and believed that she would be fine. I didn't see her after knowing she would be gone. I was just told that she was erased and that was it. No goodbyes.

"Do you think we would be bawling right now if we could cry?" Temperance said. She stared at the wall past me. "I don't understand what I'm feeling right now. It hurts but not really."

"Kindness was crying," I informed her.

"Oh... She's better than me." Her voice was dull and soulless.

"It's not just you," I tried to comfort her. "I can't cry either... I don't know how."

She chuckled humorlessly before her face contorted in pain. "I can't believe I let this happen. I let her die. I should've done something. Anything!"

"There's nothing we could do. That man went to hell and everything fell apart."

"And he became Lust?! What is that?! There has to be something we didn't know. I can't accept it."

"Temperance," I called and took her hand. "Don't beat yourself up over it. This was unfortunate but we can't turn back time. We have to move on."

She gave me a pained smile. "Maybe you and the others can."

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

"Anhye."

Wrath waved at me with his usual smile and handed me a soda when I walked up to him. He was strangely cheerful as usual.

"Why are you happy?"

His eyebrows jumped. "Sorry?"

"You lost a member. Sin of Lust. Why are you still cheerful?"

"Oh." He chuckled awkwardly. "I'm not happy. Since we're not emotional creatures now it's easier to control my emotions, so..."

I scanned his face. "For the Sin of Wrath, you're very controlled and patient."

"I'm hurt that you used to think so lowly of me before." He pouted and clutched his chest. "But I can't complain."

"You're still annoying though," I chuckled.

"Trying my best." He smiled.

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Another update 🫶

Another update 🫶

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 🌸