Chapter 1.

Disclaimer: Sukuna is a menace.

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

Death, a universal concept that all living beings must inevitably confront. While some embrace it as the natural order of life, others devote their entire existence to seeking a means to evade its grasp, yet no one has achieved such a feat thus far. In ancient times, entire villages and towns would frequently vanish without a trace. These disappearances were often attributed to tragedies, such as natural calamities like torrential rains or earthquakes, or more commonly, brutal attacks instigated by fellow humans.

Nonetheless, in the Heian period, when jujutsu sorcerers reached the apex of their power and were regarded as the epitome of humanity, an even graver threat than any posed by nature or humans loomed over the world.

.

.

Splatters of blood, butchered corpses, claw marks, and shredded limbs, spread throughout the streets...or what was left of them. The air reeked of burnt flesh, a nauseating stench that lingered like a haunting specter. Once a bustling town renowned for its vibrant trades, it now lay in ruins, a nightmarish scene that would shatter the bravest soul, rendering them as defenseless as a helpless kitten.

"H..elp..." Amidst the sea of devastation, faint coughing noises and heavy breathing echoed. A lone survivor, a mere trinkets merchant who had set out from a small village in the countryside to seek a new life, struggled to drag himself across the ground, desperately seeking aid and assistance. The lower half of the unfortunate man's body was drenched in blood, his legs brutally severed but mercifully cauterized by the flames, which halted the bleeding. It was a grim blessing, even though his condition was dire and his ability to move was severely impaired. In the midst of his agony, his hand unexpectedly encountered someone's feet, igniting a glimmer of hope within his chest.

'so..meone...!'

The seemingly straightforward task of lifting his head proved to be a challenge for the man. Nevertheless, the glimmer of hope that he had stumbled upon assistance provided him with a modicum of strength, pushing him to muster whatever energy he could to look up.

"Please...Help!" With excruciating pain, he croaked, fully aware of his pitiful condition. Yet, the notion of being rescued granted him the strength to utter words as his blurred vision gradually adjusted to the towering figure above him. Regrettably, the faint glimmer of hope he had mustered quickly disintegrated like a house of hay during a storm upon recognizing the owner of the foot he was desperately clinging to.

Two sets of light blue eyes glared back up at him in utter disgust.

"Help, you say..?"

The poor man was so petrified that not even a single breath could escape him. Standing before him was the very cause of their town's dreadful fate.

For years, rumors of a pink-haired, two-faced monster had been circulating, wreaking havoc and devastation in its path, but the merchant had dismissed them as mere tales until this moment.