Chapter 8.

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

Gojo located her after about 5 minutes. She sat on a bench, leisurely enjoying a chocolate bar and playing with her phone. Upon seeing the approaching male, she noted that he was alone, leading her to assume that he had left Yuji elsewhere, possibly in the sealed room seen in the anime.

"Heh, I didn't think you'd be here so fast." she remarked casually, giving him a nonchalant wave.

"And I thought you'd use this occasion to make a run for it." he stated more than asked, halting right in front of her and looming over her. He took a moment to observe her appearance. At first glance, she could pass as an ordinary civilian, but the well-defined muscles and scars he noticed hinted at her strong character. It was evident that she had the capability to kick ass if she chose to.

While Gojo was observing her, he abruptly paused upon noticing the object on her hand. Before he could comment on it, she spoke up.

"You done ogling me?" she said with an amused tone, glancing at the blindfold, seemingly unfazed. "As I told you, I have more important matters than taking lives." Her laughter followed.

"Interesting. Care to share what those matters are?" Gojo inquired with curiosity, observing her tapping her chin thoughtfully, ignoring a peculiar sense of déjà vu.

"Hm... I'd say cooking, drawing, and simply lazing around. That's all," she responded, tilting her head. "By the way, where's Gumi?"

"Gumi?" he questioned.

She hesitated for a moment, frowning briefly before pursing her lips. "You know, Gumi, Megumi. Your protegee? Oh, he referred to you as 'sensei' earlier. Are you also a teacher? I assumed you both would be here together."

Without questioning the origin of that nickname, Gojo playfully crossed his arms and pouted. "He's grounded. I left him back there," he huffed, grumbling about ruined kikufukus. "He doesn't need me to get home since his wounds mysteriously vanished," he added pointedly while gazing at her.

Ignoring his comment, she simply hummed, gesturing for him to back away. He complied as she stood up. Intrigued, he observed her closing her eyes briefly, as if searching for something. He had no clue what she was doing and was about to inquire when she suddenly snapped her eyes open. "Wait here."

"Eh?" The sorcerer could only utter as the woman vanished before his eyes, leaving him dumbfounded, staring at the now empty spot.

'WHAT THE—she did it again?!' He almost raised his blindfold to rub his eyes when she reappeared, this time with a bewildered Megumi.

"Alright, now we can go!"

"Eh?" Both sorcerers exclaimed, which only made the woman grin. She snorted with amusement as the teenager almost face-planted from the abrupt change of location.

__________

"Do you understand the reason for your presence here?" a harsh and serious voice inquired.