Prussia: Robin Hood [3]

Trigger Warning! There will be mentions/threats of execution by hanging. Also, as a side note, I will eventually put up artwork for Prussia's chapters. But for now, I'm going to focus on writing.

—————

"Get off of me! Off--" he screamed, his brother's crown slumping off of his head, "I want Robin Hood's head! And I want it to be mounted on my wall!"

—————

Night had fallen upon Nottingham, the moonlit trees cascading across Sherwood Forest and fireflies' dazzling lights made all the more for an ethereal warmth. In such a slumber-some forest, Robin Hood and his merry maiden weaved hand in hand through the thickets.

♪ Love,

♪ It seems like only yesterday,

♪ You were just a child at play,

The pair scouted out an empty grove blanketed in the soft moonlight. They sat beneath a tree and huddled close together.

♪ Now your all grown up,

♪ Inside of me,

♪ Oh how fast these moments fleet,

"I was worried you'd forgotten me," [Name] whispered as she looked up at the stars.

Gilbert's eyes widened, "how could I ever forget you?"

She squeezed his hand. The words were caught in her throat, but she didn't have to answer. He gently rested his head on hers and closed his eyes.

♪ Once we watched a lazy world go by,

♪ Now the days seem to fly by,

♪ Life is brief,

Gilbert then gently adjusted the flower he'd given [Name] into her hair, "if I'm being honest, I was worried you'd forgotten all about me. I mean, you're royalty, zhat's hard to forget. But I... I'm just some criminal. Even back zhen I was just some rascal."

"My love," she said softly but sternly, "it doesn't matter who we are, or what we were. We've found each other again, let's just enjoy this moment."

♪ But when it's gone,

♪ Love goes on and on,

♪ Love will last,

Gilbert didn't say another word, only holding [Name] close and with a tender kiss on her head, he closed his eyes again. Indeed, they cherished this moment beneath the moonlight.

♪ Love goes on, 

♪ And on and on... 

—————

A bit later on into the night, the couple made their way to Robin Hood's hideout. Ludwig was already busy preparing dinner, having gone ahead of the lovers. The brothers shared a quick nod and hello, before Gilbert sat himself and his lady on a stump.

"Oh, Gil... I wish this night would last forever," [Name] said solemnly.

Ludwig chuckled, "you say it as if you have to leave soon."

The maiden shook her head, "no, it's not that. I just... I don't know, I-I have a bad feeling."

"Zhere's no need to fret," Gilbert said, straightening his back and looking proud, "whatever that ol' Prince John has to zhrow at me, I'll be ready."