𝐶ℎ. 1~ 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑒-

Sophie

"What the- SOPHIE RUN!" Percy suddenly yelled.

I looked behind me to see a Chimera chasing Percy, all three heads breathing fire. My eyes widened.

"Right behind you!" I yelled, grabbing Dex's arm and running after Percy and Annabeth. Percy suddenly stopped and took out... a pen. Oh great we could draw mustaches on the huge fire breathing monster. I thought, wondering why the heck he would stop running to TAKE OUT A PEN.

He uncapped it and the sword I'd seen him use earlier appeared. Okay, so, maybe not mustaches.

Annabeth pulled out a knife and stopped too. "You guys get out of here! She said. "We've fought this thing before it shouldn't be hard."

Me and Dex bolted out of there.

Okay maybe I should back up and explain. You guys are probably wondering, what the heck is going on? and who the heck are Percy and Annabeth?

Well, as hard as it probably is to believe, they're demigods. Yeah, the ones from those Greek myths.

Well what the heck are they doing here? You ask? Well, read on to find out.

🖤🦢🖤

I stopped and stared at the note, tears welling up in my eyes. "Oh Keefe..." He was so stupid sometimes.

I'd just come home from Solreef after the attack on the Neverseen's warehouse. I'd been hoping to get some rest but instead I'd found a note lying on my bed no doubt from Keefe.

"I'm going to be hiding the same way the Black Swan hid you" he'd said.

He was running away to the forbidden cities. I guessed.

There was a knock on the door. "Hey kiddo." Grady peeked in through the doorway. "I thought I heard someone here." He saw my sad expression and the note in my hand. "Oh..."

"I can't believe he left. Again." I said, tears threatening to fall.

"I tried to stop him," Grady walked into the room. "He wouldn't listen. I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a hug. I felt tears slip down my cheeks.

🖤🦢🖤

About two to three weeks later...

Keefe

"Who are you?" I heard someone ask. I spun around so fast I almost tripped and fell. There was a girl standing there.

She had black hair and brown eyes and looked about three or four years younger than me. And she kind of reminded me of Sophie. Thinking of Sophie sent a pang through my chest. I missed her.

It's better this way. I reminded myself. No one gets hurt.

"Um hello? Talking to you." The girl stared at me weirdly.

Oh yeah. "Who are you?" I asked suspiciously.

In the past few days I'd learned how much more dangerous the human cities were than the lost cities. People getting kidnapped on a daily basis wasn't normal in the elvin world. Plus robberies and other dangerous stuff. You couldn't just trust whoever.

I wondered how much trouble Sophie had growing up here. Then suddenly she was whisked away to the lost cities where she was told was supposedly 'safe' to have the Neverseen show up and kidnap her. No wonder she was always so jumpy and secretive. Growing up like that must've been hard. Not to mention all the bullying she must've faced in the human cities and after she started attending Foxfire.

"I asked first." The girl said. "Also I'm not answering some random guy camping out in the middle of the woods."

She had a point. "Well what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Nothing."

"Nothing too." I retorted.

"That's not even proper grammar!"

"Ugh, you're not even proper grammar!"

"Wait, what?"

"Shut up!" I said.

Suddenly the girl stopped talking. She tried to open her mouth but couldn't. It was like it was glued shut.

"Oh shit I'm so sorry!" I said, panicking. This was exactly why I had left. I couldn't hurt other people just because I didn't have control over my powers.

I tried to think of a release word. "Talk! Uhh un-shut-up!" Nothing worked. The girl stayed stood there, desperately trying to say something. She looked up at me, scared.

I closed my eyes and tried thinking of a word the way I had the first time this happened. Then a word surfaced and I channeled all my energy into it. "Speak!" I said. She unfroze.

"I'm so sorry I can explain." I said.

The girl slowly started backing away from me, scared.

"No come back!" I said. For some reason I didn't want her to go. Maybe it was the fact that she was the first person I had talked to normally ever since Mom of the Year activated that creepy legacy thing.

By the way, I was doing air quotes when I said Mom of the Year.

I walked toward her but she kept on walking backwards. She looked at me, scared. Finally, she whispered, fear in her eyes, "you're and elf, aren't you?"

Shocked, I froze.

Btw did you guys find the hidden word in this chapter? It was pretty easy this time but I might change up the way they're hidden sometimes just for fun.

Anyways disappearing to write another chapter for next weeks update so bye!