𝐶ℎ. 4~ 𝐷𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑔𝑜𝑑𝑠...𝐶𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑???

Nico

Sophie and Fitz stared at me.

No comment, they just stared.

Seconds passed by. Seconds felt like hours.

"Well that was an interesting story." I jumped. I'd forgotten Elwin was there.

"So...you don't believe me?"

Sophie let out a dry laugh. "I'm in a sparkly land with magical elves and goblins. I can teleport and read minds. I watched an alicorn give birth. I gave up a long time ago. So, to answer your question, yes. I believe you."

I had no idea what all the teleporting and alicorn stuff was, but if they believed me, that was enough.

"So uhh these gods,  they're like, all powerful crazy out of control creatures?" Fitz asked.

"...Pretty much sums it up, I guess. Yeah." Not something I would say in front of dad or Zeus, but it was true.

"And you're here because your dad sent you here why...?"

"I dunno, something about crazed power hungry elves trying to overthrow the gods or something. I didn't believe him so I guess he decided to show me."

"Sounds like the Neverseen." Sophie said.

"No I'm pretty sure there was something about a council..." I tried to think back to the conversation, but I think I got a concussion or something when I hit the ground, because all I could feel was an aching headache.

"The council? No. They're crazy, maybe, but not power hungry." Sophie stated. "We should ask Mr. Forkle about this. He always seems to know a lot."

"Mr. Forkle? Who's that?" I asked.

"Then it's settled. We go find Mr. Forkle. Also I think it's time we pay a visit to the Forbidden cities again..."

🖤🦢🖤

Keefe

"What are you doing?" I heard a whisper next to me.

I jumped. "Shh!" I pointed ahead of me, to the little group in the clearing.

She looked there and the nodded in understanding. We both crept a bit closer, though I have to admit, she was much better at sneaking around than I was. I couldn't even hear her breathing. If I couldn't see her there, I would have thought I was alone.

As we got closer to the couple, I could hear more clearly. "Percy Jackson", I heard the girl say.

Then the metal dragon behind them let out a low growl. The boy moved a finger to his lips, making the universal "shh" sign.

We were caught before I could realize what was happening. The dragon was on top of us, pinning us to the ground and the boy was holding a torch in his hand. Wait...that wasn't a torch...

I looked closer. His hand was on fire?? No. it couldn't be...Pyrokinesis??

The dragon held a claw on my throat. "Who are you?" The boy demanded.

"You're...you're making fire." I choked out. "Are- are you an- an elf?" It wasn't exactly easy talking with a ten pound claw on my throat choking me.

"You don't sound surprised I can make fire." He narrowed his eyes. "Monster in disguise?"

What? Monster? I was confused. "We're elves." I croaked. My beautiful voice was dying out.

After a while of thinking, "Festus, release them." The dragon loosened his grip on us just enough for us to squeeze out.

"Ok, I don't know who you are, or what game you're playing here, but no monster is stupid enough to try to convince a demigod they're elves. But you're not elves. Elves wear green pointy hats and are tiny. So, who are you? I want the truth." He aimed his fire glowing hand at me.

"Demigods? Monsters? What? I have no idea what you're saying, but we're elves, and if you're not, then how are you doing pyrokinesis?" I was so confused.

"Leo, we should take them back to camp. We can't just let them go now, after what they've seen, and they're obviously not mortals because the mist hasn't worked on them."

I had no idea what they were saying. What camp? "Uhh, hellloo still here? We're not going to any camp with y-"

"We'll come you." Aniya cut me in. I stared at her suspiciously. What was she getting at here?

"Great then. It's settled!" The other girl said cheerfully.

I groaned. This was not the way I'd planned my stay in the Forbidden Cities.

🖤🦢🖤

Sophie

"This is much worse. You've started a war." Councilor Emery said grimly.

Turns out, even if we were planning to go to the council, we didn't have to. They called us after the attack to Foxfire. All of Team Valiant was called.

I knew this had been coming since the attack to the Neverseen warehouse, they just needed the right trigger. The Neverseen attacking Foxfire had been just that.

"But we had to do something!" I said. I was tired of always playing defense. It was always the Neverseen attacking and us hiding.

I'll admit, starting the fire wasn't my best idea. But I wouldn't take it back for any reason.

I looked desperately at my friends, then at the councilors. I stopped at councilor Oralie. She didn't look like the rest of them. She didn't look grim, or disappointed. She looked...Proud.

"As true as that may be, we cannot afford to go into war at a time like this. You must always inform the council before making such rash decisions. One more slip up like this and there will be consequences." Emery stressed on the last part, showing that he was serious.

I nodded my head to get him to shut up, but didn't technically give them my word.

I just needed to get out of here. I needed answers about Nico, I needed to go to Mr. Forkle.

🖤🦢🖤

Yep, short
Sorryy I'll try to make the next one longer