·11·

You walk down the dark hall until you reach Mori's room. You knock on the door lightly, and you hear,
"Come in, y/n-san. The door is open." 

As you walk in, you see Mori is already sitting in his chair, facing the window, gazing at the stars.
You walk up to Mori, stopping just before his chair. 

He puts down the cup of tea he was holding and gets up slowly. 

"So, how do you like it here so far, y/n-san?" he asks while still looking outside the window.
"It's been going okay. Everything is going pretty smoothly so far." you state in a bland tone.

"I see."
Mori walks up to you finally, dropping down to your height and looking you in the eyes. His purple eyes gave off a deadly glow. You feel as if you've seen something similar before, but you shake off the eerie feeling.

"Say.." Mori cups your chin with his hand. 
"Why don't you join the Port Mafia? It would be better for all of us." 

You stunned to speak, honestly. You? Joining the Port Mafia? 
From what you heard of Dazai, It was a horrible place. 

But then again, it was Dazai who was talking from experience, you thought. Maybe your one would be better. 

Then again, the person who you were looking for so desperately had in interest to destroy both the ADA and PM. It would be a win-win situation for both of you. 

"Only on one exception. Let me be an undercover spy for you, Rintarou. It would be better for both of us." you urge. 

"Hm. I suppose it would be a acceptable idea.
but.."

Mori walks even closer to you, and levels his face to yours, your noses almost touching. The deadly glow in his eerie purple eyes seem to grow brighter. 

"I would be very disappointed in you if you had deceived me and the Port Mafia again.." 

You suddenly get the shivers, and start sweating under your clothes, but you try to remain calm and collected, not showing a drop of emotion. 

"I would never. Put your trust in me again Rintarou, like you did before." you say, softening up your glare. 

Mori closes his eyes and straightens his back to go back to his full height.
He pats your head. 

"Yes yes y/n-san. No need for such gaslighting." he chuckles. 
You feel your stomach having butterflies. 

What is this.. you think frantically.
There was a lump in your throat. You look up at Mori, he was back to looking at the stars again.
The window above was slightly ajar, blowing Mori's bangs out of his face.

He almost looked like a harmless man who was just trying to get by, torn of any emotion, hit with the utmost difficulty life had to offer.

You lower your face as your eyes had started to tear up. 
You clenched the ends of your dress with your fingers, digging your nails into your palm.

"I should be going now Rintarou. Have a good night." you manage to choke up.
Mori looks back down at you, confused on why you were in such a stiff position. 

You hear a sigh from Mori.
"Such an emotional child you are." he says with a slight chuckle. 

He suddenly takes your face in both of his hands and wipes your tears with his thumbs.
He leans in and-

He gives you a light kiss on the forehead. 
You

Your surprised.   
This was the first time you actually felt loved. Such affectionate, fatherly love. 

In no time, your bawling out loud, to Mori's surprise. 
You cling to Mori like glue, not letting go.

"Ara y/n-san. You've got quite a grip!" he laughs as he hugs you.
"This is no time to joke around, Rintarou!" You yell at him with a shaky voice.

"Yes yes. My apologies y/n-sama." 

The night goes by, you've been talking to Mori for hours now, about your worries and troubles. But you daren't say anything about Fyodor, or your plans. Just your internal struggles.

You don't realize this but, you end up slowly, but steadily dosing off in slumber. 

Mori sighs as you fall asleep in his arms.
"This child is such a handful. So alike, yet different from him.." 

He picks you up and put you on his bed. 
"Have a good night, my child." he whispers.

You have a dream that everyone was happy together. Dazai happy with everyone, Mori getting along with everyone in the ADA, and

You and him. Fyodor. 
You miss this guy you don't even remember correctly.
But you know for one thing

Your heart belongs to him, and him only.
All of this internal struggle is heart-breaking..

You just want everything to be normal, and everyone to be happy again.
The bad memories to be lost..

You dose off deeper into slumber, deeper into your dreams. 

...