Oil and Water

[21]
[Oil and Water]

•Vi's POV•

I watched as the man pointed the gun at Y/N. His face was just blank, he didn't show any emotion what so ever.

Shots were fired.

"Stop it! No!"

I ran towards them as so did the firelights. The man pointed the gun at Caitlyn as she stood. One of the green insects had landed on one of the man's gun.

I quickly went on my knees to see if she was alright.

"Why does everyone want to kill me?" She muttered as she looked at Ekko and went to go check on him, he wasn't awake. But he was breathing, in which relief took over me.

"I don't know cupcake but let's not make it a habit shall we?" We got up slowly and turned around.

"Right..Holy shit-!"

There was a loud explosion, as if a whole bomb exploded right next to both of my ears. We all fell down onto the ground of the bridge dramatically but in which we were pressing our hands against our ears to block out the sounds.

Ringing was all I could hear. And then, followed the silence.

I looked up to see green smoke and no firelights. All of the enforcers were dead.

Caitlyn was on the ground as she began to slowly get back up. Y/N also slowly got up.

"What the fuck.." She mumbled.

I looked up to see one of the enforcers, he tried to say something as his blood covered the back of the railing. "Tell..tell.." "my daughter..that..I.."

No more words came out of his mouth, he wasn't with us anymore.

I got up and helped Caitlyn as she was bleeding from one leg. Y/N helped her on the other side.

"wait..Jinx?" Y/N whispered.

I looked up to see her coming towards us with her gun. Her expression turned into angry. Full of it.

She began to scream as she started the gun and fired towards us. We backed away quickly as we all got pushed to the side.

Ekko.

He walked and went towards her. "Go."

• VI's POV•

"Who lives here?" "Another councilor friend of yours?" I asked Caitlyn as I was still helping her walk.

The door blasted open as we all looked at the lady holding a gun, we didn't move.

"Caitlyn!" She said as another guy came running and seemed to have ran out of air. "We were so worried!" The guy quickly went towards Caitlyn as she ran towards him and gave him a hug.

"And you found..a couple of strays." She looked at Y/N up and down and then looked at me.

"Rude much." Y/N muttered as I nudged her shoulder.
"am I lying?" She mumbled.

"shh.."

"This is Y/N, and Vi..they are from the UnderCity.." Caitlyn explained to what seemed to be her mother.

"So I see..could I have a word Caitlyn?" "In private.."

Caitlyn looked annoyed as she looked back at us, giving us a look. I'm sure she meant she was sorry by that. She followed her parents out the door and left.

"I want to eavesdrop." She said.

"Absolutely not."

•Caitlyn's POV•