'Nora'

'She knows what happened to Nora. She fucking knows, she's one of them!' I could hear Rachel's voice getting closer as I came to again, and I noticed that I had been carried further in on the beach. Shelby was no longer by my side, and was instead helping to hold back Rachel from questioning me. Kirins voice came from out of view . 'Here' he whispered, handing me some lychees and a bottle of water. I nodded gratefully and downed the water before eating the lychees in record time.

I was so focussed on finally eating that I didn't notice the presence that had sat down next to me. I turned to see Leah, who had knelt beside me, staring as though she was trying to read my mind. 'So, what did you do to get kicked out here with us' she asked, and I was taken aback. I was expecting a flurry of rage from her, questions about what we were doing, maybe even a 'fuck you' for measure due to the fact that I was part of it. She knew that.

'I- You had got so much better since extraction. Then they stuck you on that roof and you were bad again' I wasn't sure how else to put it, but that was the truth. Nora saw her sisters distress and ran to help her, but the truth is I didn't care about any of them but her. And now she was here, next to me, talking to me. I was sure that if we ever spoke she would immediately hate me for what I was a part of. 'Sorry I'm just- I'm just confused, why aren't you-'

'Why aren't I attacking you? Going crazy insane mode and ripping out your hair? What good what that do' Leah's lack of eye contact was strangely comforting. I felt that any eye contact she made would feel angry, as though I was recounting the endless times she had stared straight into a camera shooting daggers as I watched on the other side. 'I don't give a shit what you were doing. You're here now, and Gretchen isn't stupid enough to send you in as some kind of spy. Not after that conversation we had'

I was shocked by Leah's nature around me. It was as though she was sleep walking, I had never seen her so serene. She stood up, leaving me sitting against the rock I had been propped up on. 'Rachel' Leah shouted across the beach. 'She does know. But she's not gonna tell you anything now. But i'm sure she's not a part of this anymore'

'How do you know that, Leah?' Dot was stood at Rachel's side, and as my eyes were drawn to the two of them I was suddenly filled with concern for Nora. We were both sedated in that lab, why wasn't she here? I looked around at everyone, counting up who was there.

'Where's the rest of you?' I asked to no one in particular. Everyone turned to look at me as I picked myself up and walked towards the group. 'Where is everyone else?'

'We don't know' Shelby responded, avoiding eye contact. 'We were hoping you could help us with that. We went down that ladder, and we can't remember what happened next but we woke up here. All we know is this isn't the island we were just on.'

My heart sank as I learned this. This was what Gretchen meant by her new control group. The boys and girls groups had been split to create 2 new groups, and whoever did it clearly had some kind of vendetta, as it seemed that every friendship and relationship had been split up and sent to separate beaches.

'I don't know where they are. But I do know that Nora is with them. She was with me, we were both sedated and I woke up here. Which means that she must have been sent to the other group. The one without Rachel in. Just to torture you. Just so I can't prove myself.'

Rachel looked about ready to explode, and I tried to prepare myself for her running at me, as if standing wasn't hard enough right now. But instead, she turned and bolted into the forest. Leah ran behind, followed by Dot and Shelby, leaving me and the boys at the beach.