YOU CAN TRUST HER

'RACHEL' Leah and Dots screams synchronised and echoed through the forest as they chased after her, though they knew neither of them would be able to catch up with her. Finally stopping to catch her breath, Leah looked out at the forest and saw no trace of Rachel. When Dot and Shelby caught up with Leah, they found her spinning around frantically looking for a glimpse of her in the distance, not knowing which way she could have gone. Shelby and Dot exchanged a quick glance and a not when Shelby ran off in all directions, looping around looking for Rachel. Leah was still stood looking around, as if she would magically appear in front of her.

The girls all knew it was hopeless to keep looking for her. Rachel wasn't going to stop until she found proof that y/n was lying, or until she found Nora.  Leah sat against a nearby tree, a vacant look in her eye'

'She'll come back, Leah. She knows it's not safe for her to be out there alone. She just needs time' Dots words sought to comfort her but Leah felt angry at them, as she knew full well that Rachel was not thinking rationally. She knew this because a few weeks ago she was the one frantically running through the forest with a mad look in her eye, looking for something she didn't even fully believe was there.

'Go find Shelby. I need a minute' Leah whispered breathlessly, and Dot responded with a silent nod before standing and running away. Alone now, Leah looked out at the sun about to set and reached into the satchel on her side. She pulled out a half empty water bottle and tossed it to the side, before pulling out a book.

She hadn't mentioned to anyone that she woke up at the new camp slightly before anyone else did- something she was seemingly always doing- and found that next to her was a notebook, along with a note:

I'm sorry Leah
I'm going to get us out of here.

Leah immediately recognised the writing as Nora's. As the others laid unconscious, she tiptoed around to look at everyone who was there, in particular to find Fatin, and once realising Fatin wasn't there she made the decision to keep the note to herself. She had done everything she could to get off this god forsaken island, and it didn't work. Now Leah felt that there was no more she could do, but if her dead friend who betrayed her and was eaten by a shark knew how to get them out, maybe she didn't need to do anything.

Leah opened the notebook, flicking past biro portraits of all the girls and incredibly abstract maps, she landed on the first page Nora had left a message on. It was cryptic, sure. At first Leah thought it must be another weird poem, but looking closer she found that some letters looked slightly bolder, spelling out a sentence.

'YOU CAN TRUST HER'

She didn't know who the 'her' in question was until that morning.