✎ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

Ebony doe-eyes brimmed with unshed tears. Hurt flashed through his orbs. He pushed the door open and chucked his bagpack across the room. A sob tore past his throat and tears slid down his rosy cheeks. He was no longer a curious seven-year-old but a teenager. What the seventeen-year-old failed to see were the cornflower blue eyes that observed his every move.

Jungkook just stood in the center of the room and his chest heaved with heartbroken sobs. He felt the presence of another and his head shifted to the side. Sure enough, on the rocking chair in the corner of the room sat his grandfather. Anger replaced hurt and Jungkook waved a finger at the older.

"You! It was you who told me about this- this soulmate shit. It's not real! It's not real! Soulmates don't exist!"

"What makes you say that?" the grandfather asked calmly, unfazed my the teen's anger.

"Namjoon! He- he pushed me away! As usual. But today he had the nerve to say that he isn't my soulmate," Jungkook shouted but broke down into sobs towards the end. 

His grandfather waited patiently for the younger to let it all out.

"Fuck him! Fuck h-him! I don't care anymore! He doesn't need me! Then, good! I don't need him either. Fuck him!"

"We both know you mean none of that."

"You don't know shit!" Jungkook yelled and his grandfather's eyes went wide at the amount of anger directed towards him, "Soulmates don't exist! You were wrong about this, grandpa. You were wrong!"

The younger rushed out of the room and within a few minutes a loud slam of the door was heard. The older male felt his heart clench painfully and he leaned back in his seat. He understood the hurt Jungkook felt on a personal level and he knew just how hard it could get. Tears stung his eyes yet a small smile appeared on his face as he pushed himself to his feet and moved unsteadily towards his grandson's room, a story on the tip of his tongue.

Word count : 350
Published : 16 May, 2022

- To be continued -