✎ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10

Jungkook entered the hospital room where his grandfather lay. His eyes stung and tears brimmed in them. His grandfather's eyes were closed. If it wasn't for the heart monitor beeping beside the man, Jungkook would have thought his grandfather had passed away.

He slowly took a seat beside the older male and placed the other's hand in his. At the touch, the grandfather's eyes weakly fluttered open. A small smile lit his face at the sight of his grandson.

"Hey, grandpa," Jungkook greeted as the older reached up a wrinkled hand to wipe away the tear that escaped his eye.

"How did it go with Namjoon?"

"He hasn't spoken to me properly. He's still ignoring me," said the younger, feeling his heart clench at the thought of his soulmate.

"That's alright. Don't give up on him. Don't stop fighting. Just remember this if ever you feel anxious that things will never be alright between you two. Remember that soulmates always find their way back to each other. Your soul knows it already. I just want you to know it too."

Jungkook gave the older male a watery smile.

Silence.

"Grandpa?"

The older hummed weakly.

"I'm s-so sorry."

The grandfather shifted his focus to the crying teen, "why are you sorry?"

"That d-day. I-I yelled at you. I felt so anxious when Namjoon left without giving me any explanation. I felt hurt when he said I wasn't his s-soulmate and I just-"

"Hush now. If I were you, I'd probably have done the same. Soulmates do exist though. I would say it over and over again. I never believed it before but when Jimin entered in my life, I had no doubt about it. We were two broken kids. Coming from families that had high expectations from us and hurt us when we couldn't live upto them. Two broken souls that found a home in each other. Our relationship, just like any other, wasn't perfect. But we fought for us. We're stronger together than apart-"

Taehyung was interrupted by harsh coughs that escaped his throat. He teared up at the pain in his chest. He felt Jungkook's grip on his hand tighten.

"Grandpa," Jungkook whispered, his doe-eyes filled with unshed tears, "You should rest now."

"I want to see Jimin one last time before I leave," the older mumbled looking at his grandson with pleading eyes. He felt exhausted though. It took too much energy to keep awake and all he wished to do was close his eyes and allow darkness to embrace him.

"I-I don't know where he is," Jungkook whispered, lower lip trembling, "I tried to call Yoongi-hyung but I couldn't get through his phone."

"Would you tell Jimin I love him and that I'll miss him," Taehyung asked weakly. His eyelids felt heavy and he struggled to keep them open.

Jungkook embraced the older man, his body shaking with silent sobs. "I'll tell him, grandpa. I'll tell him. Don't you worry."

"I love you, Jungkookie."

A peaceful smile crept across the grandfather's face as his eyes dropped close. He could hear Jungkook whisper words to him but he couldn't understand what the younger was saying. He slowly took a breath and allowed the darkness embrace him.

Word count : 545
Published : 19 May, 2022

- To be continued -