Chapter 1: its not stealing if you're friends with the person

Alexis looks out of the window, it'll be dark soon

Alexis looks out of the window, it'll be dark soon. "How long till we get there?" She asks, pulling her eyes away from the window to look at Dean.

"It won't be much longer." Dean says, taking his eyes off the road to glance at Alexis. Alexis nods, her eyes wandering back to the window. She watches as the colors blur together as they speed down the road.

~~~

Alexis stared up at the building as the car came to a stop. She goes to get out but Dean leaned over and gently grabbed her arm to stop her. Alexis turned to face him, a questioning look on her face.

"Can we wait a few minutes?" Dean asks.

"Yeah," Alexis gives him a smile. Alexis can see right through him. He's nervous. He doesn't want to face Sam. "You know, he might be happy to see you, I mean, he is your brother." She tells Dean as he lets go of her arm.

"Lexi, you were there when he left and after that he wouldn't call or answer the phone." Dean gives her a look.

Alexis scoots over so she's closer to Dean, she takes his larger hand in her smaller one. She squeezes Deans hand. Its not often you see Dean like this. Alexis lays her head on his shoulder. Sam had to hear them out, especially with the matter at hand. Even if he decided not to help, he had to at least hear them out. He had to. Alexis squeezes Deans hand again. It'll be okay. It has to be.

~~~

Alexis lost track of how long they sat there in silence until Dean was ready to go in.

"In the middle of the night, really?" Alexis whispers.

"Yes, now shh." Dean climbs through the window. He bumped into something causing a crash. Alexis winced at the sound. If anyone was asleep in there they probably weren't anymore.

Alexis climbs through the window, careful not to make any noise.

"Dean, wait up." She whispers, forgetting to close the window behind her. Alexis follows Dean through Sam's apartment until Sam attacks Dean. Alexis trails behind the brothers as they fight their way to the kitchen. She stops in the doorway as Dean pins Sam to the floor.

"Whoa, easy tiger." Dean smiles down at his little brother.

"Dean?" Sam asks as Dean chuckles. "You scared the crap outta me."

"That's cause you're outta practice." Dean states. Sam flips him over, pinning Dean to the floor. Dean groans. Alexis watches the brothers from the shadows, a smile on her face. "Or not, get off of me." Dean groans. Sam stands up, pulling his brother with him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sam asks.

"Well, we came to warn you about the killer unicorn that's on the loose. She's really dangerous." Alexis jokes, walking toward the brothers.