Chapter 15: I've been kidnapped by humans

"I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already. I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes its true." Mrs. McKay tells them.

"Mrs. McKay." Sam starts, taking off his hat. "We know you spoke with the local authorities."

"But, uh, this seems like a matter for state police. So..." Dean adds. Alexis glances over at him, she had to admit she thought Dean looked nice in the state police uniform. Maybe more than nice, but no one needed to know that's what she was thinking.

"Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan." Alexis says. "Just tell us what you saw."

"I was up late...watching tv...when I heard this weird noise." Evan explains.

"What did it sound like?" Sam questions.

"It sounded like...a monster."

"Tell the officers what you were watching on tv." His mother tells him.

"Um...Godzilla vs. Mothra."

"Oh, yeah." Dean chuckles. "That's my favorite Godzilla movie. So much better than the original, huh?" Alexis smiles a little bit.

"Totally." Evan agrees.

"Yeah. He likes the remake." Dean gestures to Sam.

"Yuck."

"That's what I-" Dean starts but Sam clears his throat, shutting Dean up.

"Evan, did you see this thing?" Alexis asks.

"No. But I saw it grab Mr. Jenkins. It pulled him underneath of the car."

"Then what?" Sam inquires.

Evan sighs. "It took him away. I heard the monster leaving. It made this really scary sound."

"What did it sound like, Evan?" Sam asks.

"Like this....whining growl."

"Thanks for your time." Sam says.

~~~

"So, the local police have not ruled out foul play. Apparently, there were signs of struggle." Sam tells Dean and Alexis, who were playing darts.

"You know, they could be right. Could be just a kidnapping." Dean turns around to face Sam for a second. "Maybe this isn't our kinda gig." He throws the dart at the board.

"Yeah, maybe not." Sam says.

"Shit." Alexis mutters as the dart she threw barley missed the board. Dean laughs causing her to elbow him in the side. "Shut up." She says.

"How is it that you can shoot a gun and hit the target perfectly every time but you can't play darts?" Dean asks. "Not to mention that you can throw knives, but darts? You can't even hit the board."

"Just you wait, I'm gonna hit the stupid board." Alexis says, pointing at him.

"Guys." Sam says, grabbing their attention. "Dad marked the area. Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker." Sam explains, tapping a page in John's journal as Dean and Alexis walk over to the table he was sitting at.

"Why would he even do that?" Dean asks.

"Well, he found a lot of local folklore about a dark figure that comes out at night, grabs people then vanishes. He found this too, this county have more missing persons per capita than anywhere else in the state." Sam says.

"That is weird." Dean walks back to the dark board. Alexis sits down in the chair across from Sam, grabbing her beer.

"No, that's really weird. Something's going on here." She says.