"I bet you'd like to see his moonshine too."

I heard you won't let Jaskier touch your hair." She said lightly to her partner.

"Have you seen his hair?" He grumbled jokingly.

She laughed lightly, before walking over to him and standing behind him. She placed the shampoo and oils on the chair, before trying to run her fingers through his hair. It was too tangled so she rubbed some water and shampoo into it before detangling it. "It's okay to like your hair, grumpy britches." She said poking some soap on to his nose.

He let out a low laugh before tilting his head back and closing his eyes. Her fingers slipped through his hair slowly working out the knots and matts. His hair slowly became softer and less pungent. Geralt could get used to this. He loved the feeling of Pollux's gentle touch. She put her hands in the water, pouring it on top of Geralt's hair. He hummed softly. Pollux took the time while Geralt's eyes were closed to admire him silently. She smiled softly at her companion, her stomach buzzed lightly. She knew she was developing feelings that were anything but platonic for her partner. Though she wasn't sure how it would play out, she could live with keeping her feelings to herself for now.

Feeling the eyes of his partner on him, Geralt looked up, locking eyes with her before she could look away. Her eyes widened as she realized she had been caught. Geralt turned his head so he was facing her. She looked at him curiously. Geralt found himself looking between her eyes and her lips. The room grew tense suddenly. Pollux found herself unable to move from where she was but her mind was racing. This is what she wanted. For him to look at her like he wanted her. She wanted this.

Geralt began leaning in. His brain screamed no. He had put off being in a relationship for so long because of his job. Now that he traveled with Pollux and they held the same lifestyle and occupation, he had no excuse to fight. His heart and his body told him yes. He had always wanted someone who was unconditionally loyal and with him to the end. And Pollux had proven that she had no intention of leaving Geralt.

Pollux's eyes fluttered shut. Geralt could feel her breath against his face as he inched closer to her lips. Pollux's heart beat aggressively in her chest. It was agonizing how badly she wanted this. She didn't even realize how much she wanted Geralt until this moment. Much the same, Geralt couldn't believe how content he was in this moment. He knew he wanted Pollux, and he wanted her bad. He reached a hand up to her jaw and pulled her down to him.

The moment was cut short however as Jaskier barged into the room. Pollux jumped and moved to clean up the shampoo she spilled. Geralt groaned loudly in frustration. That had been his moment, and of course the bard had to come in and royally fuck it.

"Now, now stop your boorish grunts of protest. It's one night of body guarding your best friend in the whole wide world, how hard could it be?" Jaskier poked. Pollux went back to putting a small pleat in his hair.

"I am not your friend." Geralt huffed as Pollux tucked some stray hairs in, looking at his face from the front.

"Oh really? So you typically let strangers rub chamomile on your lovely bottom." Jaskier said. Pollux chuckled as she cupped Geralt's face affectionately, pushing his face into a pout.

Pollux then looked at Jaskier, with the straightest face she could manage and said, "So you love his ass then?"

Jaskier blushed and began stumbling over his words; to which Pollux began to laugh loudly, even snorting once. Geralt had never seen Pollux so amused. He knew she loved to poke fun at people but he did know her laugh was this funny. Even he smiled at her laugh, a rare sight to see.

Jaskier stared at the two in disbelief. "Oh Geralt when did you become little miss sunshine?"

Pollux stopped before blurting, "I'd bet you'd like to see his moon shine too."