1.

Honey Wright

Honey bursts through the old wooden door with her hands full of groceries. Struggling to get to the kitchen without dropping the gallon of milk was a success and it caused her to let out a huge sigh of relief once the bags hit the table.

Beginning to unload the groceries from their bags, Honey called for her siblings to help her. "Loyal! Aaliyah!" She shouted, her voice echoing around the quiet and empty house.

Seeing as though her brother and sister hadn't come to see what she wanted, Honey stopped what she was doing and set out to go and find them.

Opening the door to the room they shared, their twin sized beds were neatly made and not a thing was on the floor. Although it wasn't unusual for them to not keep their room clean, but Honey was more so focused on their whereabouts and seeing as though their mother wasn't home to know, Honey was curious.

Honey put the groceries up alone and grabbed her keys before exiting the house again. Thinking that they were maybe at the park that was a couple blocks away, Honey headed there.

As she approached the gate, from a far she could see a huddle of kids. They seemed to be crowding around something and Honey had no idea what it was up until she heard her sister Aaliyah's voice screaming for someone to stop.

Honey began to run to the crowd, pushing her way through the kids to see Aaliyah going right in to hit the boys that jumped her brother Loyal. "Get off of him!" She shouted, jumping onto one of the boys back.

Honey pulled her off, slightly slanging her small figure to the side and grabbing the other boy by his shirt, ripping it a little.

"Get off of my brother!" Honey spat at the young boy and seeing as though he was a little heavy seat, Honey pulled him by the Afro on top of his head before accidentally elbowing his friend in the nose as he went to grab her.

Finally getting Loyal free, Honey grabbed both his and Aaliyah's hand and dragged them right through the crowd again and left the premises of the neighborhood park.

The walk home consisted on silence, However Honey would take a few glances at Loyal to see if he was alright and seeing as though he had a slight nose bleed, that didn't defeat her anger.

Entering the house one after the other, Honey closed and locked the door behind them. "Loyal, go get washed up. Aaliyah, you come with me." Honey headed to the kitchen where she began to take out something to cook.

She thought of them making their own pizzas for the fun of it and although she wasn't quite in the mood, she planned to get to the bottom on why Loyal was fighting. But yet, she wasn't upset with him.

"What are you cooking?" Aaliyah slid into a seat at the round table.

"I thought of us making our own pizzas. How does that sound?" Honey said.

"You know I love me some pizza." Aaliyah rubbed her hands together with a hungrily look in her eye as she began to help Honey take out all of the ingredients they would need.

As the time went by, Loyal was finally out of the shower and as he makes his presence known in the kitchen, Honey looks over at him to see that his eye was black and his lip was swole.