5.

Kareem Carter

Kareem sat at the round table and patiently waited for the ladies to arrive. The current time was 8:54 and the girls who weren't there had a total of six minutes to show up. Kareem hated to be mean on the first night of meeting the girls but if they knew any better, they knew Kareem's name held weight in the streets and his time shouldn't be wasted.

"You ready partner?" Ace sat on the side of him while Coleman sat on the other.

Kareem chuckled at the word partner but went along with the conversation. "More than ready. These ladies better not disappoint. I want beautiful faces and nice asses in my establishment. I can't have no chicken heads walking around here." Kareem said.

"Chicken heads? Those ladies are no chicken heads." Ace spoke confidently but Kareem felt that he could be the judge of that.

As the time had finally hit 9:00, the ladies were walking out in a single file line standing up on stage. Kareem could tell by all of the ladies faces that they were proud to be in front of him.

"They are indeed beautiful." Kareem said causing a smile to appear on Ace's face.

"I told you." Ace replied.

"But there's a 90 percent chance that not all of them will impress me."

Ace's face went solid as he didn't know what to say. It was safe to say that most of the ladies would be walking home without a job. However, Ace couldn't do anything but sit back and agree with whatever decisions Kareem made.

"We have a total of 16 girls. Kareem. There's supposed to be one more." Coleman spoke up and Kareem eyed every single last one of the females before looking over at Ace.

"Uh, we're missing Honey." Ace said.

"Well where is she? I'm pretty sure the message had gotten to her." Kareem said and Ace scratched the back of his head.

"I know you don't like your time wasted but just let me see where she is." Ace stood up with his phone in hand and grabbed one of the girls whom was closer to Honey and went out of sight to make a call to her.

While waiting, all Kareem could do was look over at Coleman and chuckle to himself.

Soon, Ace came back inside and the young lady he pulled aside walked back to her spot on stage.

"So." Kareem said as Ace took his seat again. "Where is she—,"

"Sorry I'm late!" Kareem heard. His eyes roamed the large room until they found themselves landing on a girl as she scampered her way inside. Her eyes immediately met with Kareem's as she stopped in her tracks and the two stared at each other but neither of them said a word.

"What's your name?" Kareem finally spoke up as the mysterious girl walked up on stage and took a spot beside the female whom Ace took with him not too long ago.

"Honey." She said softly.

Kareem eyed her closely with his chin rested in his hands and he sat back comfortably in the chair before her.

"I'm sure you got the word to be here at nine o'clock. The time is now," Kareem checks the time on his Rolex Submariner. "9:18." Kareem said.

"Well I had to get things settled at home before I came." Honey replied and the girls around her gasped and looked at her as if she was crazy. Everyone in the room knew of Kareem except for Honey.

She was clueless as to who he was and Kareem was starting to see it. Kareem kissed his teeth and although he wanted to tell her to kick rocks, that beautiful face made him let up on her and let her slide.