Chapter VI: Family

"Family isn't always everything nor the only thing you need."

Jungkook's POV

Something just didn't feel right about them, their reactions didn't seem genuine, they were clearly forced.

"You guys can leave now, no need to worry, we're her family we'll take good care of her."

Her 'mother' stated with a tight lipped smile.

I frowned, I didn't feel like leaving the hospital just yet, not only because I needed to make sure that, Y/n is alright, but also because they just felt off.

"Actually I think Jennie and I will stay as well, she's our best friend after all and we want to make sure she's alright."

Giving her a fake smile.

"What the fuck are you guys doing here."

We turned to the voice, and I immediately recognized who it was.

"O-Oh Yoongi, what are you doing here?"

He scoffed, gripping the snacks and stuffed cat he had in his right hand tightly.

"Leave."

They stared at him, looking irritated.

"We need to make sure that N/-"

"No! You don't get to call her that! Not after you neglected us, after all the pain and sorrow you caused, you do not get to waltz back in her life as if you both did nothing!"

He startled Jennie and I with his yelling

He looked as if he was about to start breaking down however at the same time he looked like he was out for murder.

"I need you to leave now. I don't ever want to see you guys around her again. If you do not leave in this instant I promise you won't be able to leave at all."

They looked terrified

"W-We'll leave alright, just calm down okay"

"Just leave."

They all left the hospital, people watched in shock and started badmouthing Y/n's elder brother.

"I suggest you imbeciles who know nothing at all, shut the fuck up."

And with that the people quieted down and minded their business.

"And you guys are?"

Yoongi suspiciously eyed Jennie and I, we both stutter since we were both intimidated.

"We're f-friends of Y/n"

Jennie managed to get out.

"She fainted in front of us and we called an ambulance and we were waiting until those people showed up they told us to leave but we refused I'm so sorry-"

He held his left hand up, gesturing me to stop explaining myself, sighing quietly as he did.

"It's alright kid no need to panic, I'm not the police or nothing of that source, just a concerned older brother."

He took in a deep breath before giving us a small smile.

"I'm glad Y/n managed to make friends at least who seem like they genuinely care about her."

We smiled at him and nodded.

"Don't worry Jennie and I promise to always care and protect her"

He just nodded and smiled.

"Has the doctor mentioned anything about her condition?"

We disappointedly shook our heads no.

"They said they couldn't release any information about the patient unless a relative was present or if Y/n gave permission to give out the information."

He nodded and walked towards the secretary.

A few minutes later he came back and asked us to follow him we obliged.

"I'm allowing you guys to come with, because you're her friends and you both seem to genuinely care about her."

We nodded and thanked him profusely.

We arrived at her room he knocked and we heard a faint voice say come in.

"I brought your friends with me hope you don't mind, N/n"

She stared at her brother for a few seconds and shook her head, he walked towards her ruffling her short boyish hair, he gave the snacks and stuffed cat to her.

"I don't mind it, I'm glad you brought them with you, I have to apologize to them."

"Well what did the doctors say?"

She quietly groaned.

"It's nothing serious honestly they're overreacting."

Yoongi walked to the front of the bed and looked at the clipboard hanged at the front of it.

He grabbed it and raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing huh?"

He deeply sighed.

"This is nothing, Y/n? You haven't been taking your pills? Are you kidding me! This could've been worse!"

She stared blankly at her hands, her knuckles started turning white.

I frowned, Jennie stared at me in confusion and I stared back as well at her, shrugging my shoulders as I did.

"What if the attack was worse? Huh? Do you think this is some kind of joke? Do you like putting your life at risk or something?"

"Sorry to interrupt however what exactly is going on?"

Yoongi stared at his sister before turning to me.

"Y/n has a condition where if her heart is under a lot of pressure or stress it starts to weaken causing her to pass out or worse case scenario end up dying, it's called Cardiomegaly."

I nod slowly taking in the information.

"And what could cause that to happen?"

"Anxiety attacks, panic attacks, stress or being overworked physically or mentally, in her case it's a phobia-"

Y/n clenched her jaw and scowled.

"Don't you dare."

Yoongi just stared at her before he continued.

"Gynophobia, she's terrified of women"

He sighs, his gazing softening before he continues.

"That's why she's on meds to help her heart remain at a steady pace, when she refuses to take them well this happens."

I was shocked, didn't have anything to say, but everything is starting to click, why she doesn't get to close to Jennie nor any other girls in our classroom.

I felt horrible.

"Could it be cured?"

Yoongi shakes his head.

"It can't but it could be improved, with medication and therapy."

"I-I'm so sorry Y/n, I swear I would've left you alone if you said something, p-please forgive me."

Jennie starts to break down, she fell onto her knees burying her head into her hands. I tried to help her up but she was crying uncontrollably.

I heard the bed creek, I look up to see Y/n getting up, Yoongi tried to stop her but she pushed him away instead, he sighed and decided to help her.

Walking towards Jennie and getting down to her level.

"I'm not terrified of you Jennie, I know you won't do any harm to me, at first I was but as we grew closer I realized you wouldn't hurt me, that's why I haven't left your side."

She looked up to Y/n and sobbed even more.

What she did next surprised me and Yoongi even more, she held Jennie in her arms whispering comforting words to her, I guess it just took time and trust.

Jennie just collapsed in her arms as she cried.