contact

(disclaimer: i don't own nihonkoku shoukan character and setting they belong to their respective company and writer)

Far from the three major civilizations, in the part of the ocean known as the Great East, there was a continent. At half the size of Australia, it was perhaps too small to really be considered a continent, but it was definitely too big to be just an island.

On this continent of Rodenius, there were 3 nations.

Containing fertile land and numerous granaries, the agricultural Principality of Kua Toine.

Full of deserts and fallow land, the poverty-stricken Kingdom of Quila.

The human-only country that persecutes elves, dwarves, and beastfolk, intent on uniting Rodenius, the Kingdom of louria.

The Kingdom of Quila and the Principality of Kua Toine were allied in opposition to the louria Kingdom. Both nations' populations consisted of about one-third elves, dwarves, beastfolk, and other demihumans, so, with louria's doctrine on exterminating demihumans, there was simply no way to have friendly relations.

May 17,Central Calendar year 1639, 8 AM

Principality of Kua Toine, 6th dragon squadron

The skies were clear. Riding on a flying dragon known as a wyvern, the dragon rider MaarPatima was on a patrol mission in the northeast region of the principality. There was nothing in this part of the country. To the east, there was only the ocean, and while adventurers had left to explore for new lands, none ever returned.

Because of recent tensions with the lourian Kingdom, patrols were necessary to detect and counter warships going off-course for possible surprise attacks, thus explaining why he and his partner were in this empty region.

"―!?"

He spotted something.

"What is that?"

He should have been alone in the skies, but something else was there. In normal situations, anything other than a friendly wyvern was unthinkable. Even by wyvern, the flight distance from louria to here was nothing to sneeze at. The major civilizations apparently had a flying dragon carrier called the Dragon Mother, but something like that should have nothing to do with this remote area.

The flying object, starting at the size of a grain, steadily approached. As it came closer, he confirmed it was not a friendly wyvern.

"Nothing appears to be flapping..."

He immediately contacted headquarters with a manacom.

"Unidentified object in the sky. Preparing flyby to identify. Current location..."

They were at the same altitude. Intending to pass it by, he closed in.

He flew past the unidentified object. It was very large. Nothing was flapping, A light shined at the back of the body and the wings, shining brightly. The flying object was black,with small dots of different color that can only Found in night sky drawn on the body with word UGSF.

He turned around, his partner flapping its wings fiercely. The wind pressure pushed hard against him, threatening to throw him off.