episode 3

"Then mummy yuh call mi from way upstairs just fi pass remote gi yuh?" I turn my back to face her and roll my eyes.

This yah woman yah cyah real.

"A nine months mi suffer wid yuh inna mi fah eno and mi still a suffer wid yuh so no gimmi dat" she says from her position on the leather couch.

She had a wine glass on the table before her and I knew it was a mixture of magnum, dragon and boom.

Nutn she love suh.

I grab the remote and passed it over to her. I decided to watch Ginnie and Georgia with her since i was through with my homework.

"Daddy call yuh from morning?" I ask as i fold my legs underneath me and leaned over for the remaining magnum she had in the bottle.

"Him did call inna the twelve o'clock hours, yes" eeeh.

So him can call mummy but him cyah call me? Hmm.

"Eeeh...that no bad at all" her eyes quickly found me before she cut them at me.

"A never see a likkle gyal can gwaan over fi har father so yet... likkle girl, that man right there is not your own"

I couldn't help the laugh that bellowed from my throat. My hand came down on my knee with a slap and my legs stretched out before me.

"Deh one yah funny and good" she grabbed one of the fluffy pillows from behind her and tossed it in my direction.

"Weh yuh tan dung yah fah? Gallang up man" I decided to do just that being that it was going on 11:30pm and I was still up on a school night.

Plus mi have mr. Boothe add Maths exam.

__________________

"We soon graduate eno gyal...sufferation ago kill we" we all shared a laugh as we walked through the gates of the school.

We were early this morning so no need for searching our bags and none of that.

Mi see the one Frank a look pon mi and a shake him head and mi know a because mi skirt short today. The required length is three inches below the knees but mi sure this yah skirt yah deh three inches above.

Him lucky.

I swing my bag so that it was hanging from one shoulder and opened it to retrieve my phone.

I double tap the screen of my iPhone 11 pro and saw the time's currently 7:25am.

"But what a way we early today. We all have idle time leff bk but mi ago use that go over some formulas because mi know deh exam yah ago breed me" ashanti spoke from the right of me and dainnia and I both nod in agreement.

One thing eno we no ramp fi idle but when it comes to our school work no joking is involved.

There's a time and place for everything.

We walk the corridors until we arrive at the sixth form block and took the left turn.

I enter the classroom with a sigh.

One deggeh deggeh smaddy in here.

The blue in the tie around his neck seem to bring out the color of his eyes and I could see a gold chain peeking out from behind his shirt. Shirt clean like jeezas slippas.

I was about to look away when his eyes snapped up and met mine.

Yuh rass get ketch.

I played it off as if I wasn't staring and continue to make by way to my seat which is right beside his.

He however did not remove his eyes from my figure and I know because I could literally feel him staring at me.

A mi alone can feel when people a stare pon mi.

I place my matey bag gently on my desk before removing a pack of wipes from my bag and remove one from the packet. I look behind me to see my girls doing the same thing.

After wiping the seat I used a piece of tissue to remove the excess water from the seat then sat down.

Woii mi body tired.

I was about to turn around and go sit by ashanti and dainnia but this time my eyes met micah's as he was already staring at me.

Same way? Tan.

"Hi" my voice came out way softer than it normally does.

Dem two gyal deh ago clown mi later eno...mi can hear them already tpc.

"Hey" he simply replied but kept his eyes on me. It's like he was trying to memorize every feature.

I watch as his eyes drop down to my legs. He smiled and shook his head.

I wonder weh him a think seh.

"What?" I decided to ask just so my mind could stop making up scenarios.

He looked at me once more and shook his head again.

"Nutn bad, yuh foot dem just very small"

'Among other things' i replied in my head.

"Eeeh a weh yah seh?" I looked at him in confusion.

He narrowed his eyes at me before laughing. He didn't laugh out loud just a soft chuckle.

"I guess you did mean fi seh that inna yuh head"

Mi mumma clitoris...of all the things fi seh outloud wah mek a dat mi affi seh.

I look at the floor expectantly waiting for it to open up and swallow me whole. It never happen though.

"No bother gwaan like yuh shy now eno" he says and I look to the front of the class to notice the rest of the students making their way inside.

I look down again and notice he was wearing a wallabee today instead of the desert.

Real cha-cha bwoy dis eno.

I guess he was waiting for me to reply because when I didn't he sighed and picked up his phone. He touched the screen a couple times briskly before passing it to me.

It was on his dial pad and I already knew what he was asking even though he didn't see anything.

I took the phone gently while screaming in my head not to drop it cause mi nah buy it back.

I typed my number in and saved.

Damonique🖤.

I decided to save it with my Government name and not my pet name since he doesn't know me like that.

I don't care who's phone it is mi affi put a emoji beside my contact.

He can change it if he wants to.

The millisecond the phone touched his palm the bell sounded and everyone was moving toward junior campus.

I guess they have some type of announcement or celebration because that's when we all really have devotion together.