chapter 4

"Something about bayka and him baritone voice" a one thing eno mi love him bad... nah ask yuhhh.

I adjust the shorts I'm wearing since it keeps riding up every minute. Bare attention yah now worst like how a batty rida.

It's Saturday afternoon and the girls and I decided to meet up in linstead just to chill and get some KFC. If u know linstead then yuh know seh a some awful line up a KFC yah now.

It's me, dainnia, ashanti and three more of our friends.

Shanique, she's really slim, with relaxed hair, pretty face and a great personality with fair complexion.

Rashay, she has lock hair, she's about 5'5, has really dark skin and pretty as hell with great personality.

And Zanae, now this a the mad one, she's a bit taller than the rest of us with fair complexion as well and pretty.

A one thing the girls dem weh mi talk to all a dem pretty.

"We dung yah ago join this long rass line like we frighten fi kfc" rashay says as we enter the compound from the stair entrance.

There was a lady sitting there with two kids and they all had cleft-lips. She was asking for money and we all stopped and gave her a hundred dollars each.

Mi doh like see dem sumn yah eno.

I adjust my clutch that's hanging from my shoulder before we all joined the line.

Due to how the line long there was a worker with a tablet taking orders to make the pick ups easier when we go inside.

When she got to me I decided to order two zinger box but not without ensuring the chicken is barbeque because mi no eat the hot n spicey and regular neither does mommy.

After the girls finished ordering we started talking about how we were going to do our hair for graduation Thursday.

"Mi no think mi ago do no braids eno" ashanti voiced and everyone simultaneously agreed.

"Me ago just get a wig and call it a day, mi did a look pon this 20' inch body wave one the other day and I think it would a fit me" I pull out my phone a found the picture and showed it to them.

I look up just in time to see zanae making a video on snapchat...she nah listen one rass weh we a seh eno.

"Drankro unuh strike two Pose nuh unuh nuh see the doll a video" a few people in the line looked back at us and of course we being we dirty selves ago look bk like 'a wah?'.

I was about to put my attention back to the video when my eyes caught a pair of eyes looking at me.

His light skin made me wonder how I didn't see him before. He made a 'come here' hand gesture for me and I told the girls to give me a minute before walking off.

"Yah go breed, love man to much" I could hear dainnia says before they all start laughing which made me roll my eyes but laughed along.

While making my way towards him I noticed he had on a white hanes mirina, Burberry shorts and a red polo slippers.

We kinda match to eno. I'm wearing a white t-shirt, short Jeans shorts and white polo slides.

This yah bwoy yah nuh wear foolishness.

"How yaah pree mi so?" He ask as I got to him.

I couldn't stop the likkle man clown smile weh jump pon mi lip dem.

"Nah pree yuh just a look... mi cyah look?" I ask while adjusting my shorts yet again. My YSL clutch slipped from my shoulders so it was hanging low while I tried to get the shorts legs down.

"Let me" he took the bag from my hand and wrapped the strap a bit and held it in his hands.

"Thank you" I told him since i was now able to fix my shorts properly.

"Yuh too thick fi deh shorts deh mama" I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway.

"Not really it just keep on a ride up"

"Come here" I was about an arms length away from him so me stepping closer was all up in his personal space.

When he noticed I was hesitant he took my hand and brought my closer to him.

"Hold this" he handed my bag to me before bending a bit to reach for my physco bunny shirt.

He fixed it so the back of it wasn't over my ass but at my waist and the front was over my...well mi front.

"Ahh" he gestured his hand and I handed my bag to him again just as the security came outside and said ten persons could enter since ten were leaving.

I look back at my girls and realized they could come inside as well so I made my way inside with micah behind me.

"Weh yaah get?" Micha asked as he stood beside me at the cashier.

"Just two zinger box fi mi and mommy" when the cashier confirmed my order and totalled it was two thousand add dollars. I turn around to face him before reaching for my bag but he shook his head.

"Yuh good man, check up that wid my order deh mummy" he said to the cashier and she did so and told him his total.

God know mi never did a try look or nth but a lone US dollars papa pull outta him pocket eno.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket and pulled it out to see a message from zanae.

Nae bae🍑💦💚
So... yuh think him can pay fi we to?🙄😂🤣
                                                      3:33pm

I look back at her in the line before sticking out my tongue at them.

She fanned me off while the others laugh and moved up closer as the line got shorter.

"So where u live?" I decided to ask him as we stood side by side waiting.

"Charlemont scheme. You?"

"Ewarton"