Prologue

The rain poured down hard, smacking against the vehicle three kids and an older man sat in. The night sky would be lit up with lightning every now and then and thunder would boom before going back to the sound of rainfall against the hood and roof of the vehicle.

The brunette squeezed her already shut eyes even tighter as she tossed and turned, the scene changing.

The sounds of the storm were now accompanied by the sounds of screaming children, desperately trying to hold up the vehicle's sunroof as the large, hungry looking creature desperately tried to reach the children.

Quiet whimpers fell from the brunette's mouth as she couldn't seem to wake up from the nightmare that wasn't at all a nightmare, but rather a memory.

The once peaceful storm ambience was now replaced by the terrified screams of the three young children as well as the eardrum shattering roar of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Tears now escaped from the brunette's sealed eyes.

The vehicle was tipped and the mud began to rise as the vehicle sank into it. The children were panicking as the merciless creature continued to try and get to them.

"Stop...Stop..." she muttered, eyes still closed as the scene changed once more.

The tapping sound seemed to echo throughout the kitchen as well as the loud screeches. The three children shook violently as they hid behind a counter, praying that the two carnivores wouldn't hear their labored breaths.

"Timmy, what is it?"

"It's a velociraptor."

The brunette's whimpers and cries were only growing louder now.

The girl with the short brown hair placed her hand over her mouth to muffle her sobs as she could hear the dinosaur get closer to her.

She turned her head to the right and didn't see anything, though. However, when she turned back around, there the creature was, immediately roaring in her face, barely any time to scream before -

The brunette snapped her eyes open as she sat up quickly to catch her breath. Her shaky hands touched her face and felt the wetness under her eyes.

Taking deep breaths, the woman ran her hands through her hair to calm herself down. "You're okay. You're safe. You're at home in bed. You're fine," She whispered to herself.

Her attention turned to her phone on the nightstand and when she turned it on, the time read 4:32am.

Sighing, she turned it off and laid back down. "You're okay, Mia," she whispered one last time.

Just as the woman, Mia, had fallen back asleep, her phone lit up with a text message from someone named Simon Masrani. The message read;

"I'm very pleased to have received your message, Ms. Murphy. I'll call you tomorrow morning and we'll arrange for your flight to Isla Nublar. Until then."

•••
Natalie Portman as Mia Murphy

•••Natalie Portman as Mia Murphy

Chris Pratt as Owen Grady

I first wrote this story in June 2015 and here I am, 7 years later, deciding to rewrite it

Welcome to the new and hopefully improved, The Dinosaur Girl.

- Maddie <3