Chapter Seven

Owen and Claire shared a look as they heard the sound of an engine before taking off in the direction of it. They came across the garage the group was at just seconds ago.

Owen walked in, finding a gray jacket on the ground. "This one of theirs?" He asked, picking it up to show Claire. She nodded as she let out a loud sigh of relief.

He looked around again and saw a black and white flannel. Mia's. His eyes widened as he picked it up. "This is Mia's. She's with the boys," He showed Claire the flannel.

"Oh thank God, they're not alone," She said.

Owen didn't feel the same relief as Claire. He was relieved to know Mia was alive, but was she hurt? How'd she end up with the boys? Was she doing okay after finding the old park?

He tried not to let the intrusive thoughts take over, but it was hard when he realized Mia was reliving her childhood as she was lost in the jungle of Isla Nublar once again.

"That road goes straight back to the park," Claire said, breaking Owen from his thoughts. He stood up and walked over the Jeep Wrangler.

"How did they even get one of these things started?" He asked aloud, moving to the front of the vehicle, beginning to lift up the hood. The sounds of footsteps stopped him, as he and Claire both ducked down, Claire gasping as she did so.

They sat at the front of the Jeep, Owen glancing back to see he left his rifle leaned up against the driver's side door. A large dinosaur foot caused him to quickly face forward and hold his breath.

The duo made eye contact, Owen quietly shushing Claire to be silent. She nodded, terrified beyond belief, squeezing her eyes shut as the I-Rex stuck her head in the garage, directly next to the Jeep.

She nudged the vehicle, Claire turning her head away, tears escaping her closed eyes.

When the I-Rex retreated her head out of the garage, Owen carefully reached around the Jeep and grabbed his gun. He turned back to Claire, nodding as a way to reassure her.

They both released breaths as they thought the dinosaur had left. That is until she broke through the building and began roaring loudly.

Owen and Claire stood up quickly, running out of the garage, to the entrance of the old innovation center.

As they ran, Claire pulled out her phone and dialed Lowery.

"Lowery, we found her. South of the Gyrosphere Valley, between the old park and the aviary," She explained.

"Wait, are you following the dinosaur?" Lowery asked on the other end.

"Yes. Get ACU out here. Real guns this time," She demanded.

Lowery shook his head. "ACU is airborne, they took the helicopter!" He exclaimed, causing Claire to stop dead in her tracks. "Who's flying it?"

As soon as Claire heard that Simon Masrani was flying the helicopter, despite still having two more days before getting his license, she immediately took off faster in the direction of the aviary.

The duo stood on a cliff, staring in shock as the helicopter flew right over them towards the enormous bird cage. Not long after, ACU began shooting at the ground, trying to hit the dinosaur.

Unfortunately for everyone, the dinosaur ran right into the aviary, breaching it in the process.

The pterosaurs quickly exited the aviary, flying towards the helicopter. One ACU soldier fell out of the chopper, dangling from the weapon until a pterosaur flew by and snatched him up.

The other ACU soldier was impaled by the beak of another pterosaur through the windshield of the helicopter.

And not long after, Simon Masrani began to lose control of the helicopter, eventually crashing through the top of the aviary and to the ground, exploding as it made impact.