Chapter One

Mia Murphy would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous about returning to Isla Nublar. Of course she was nervous. Wouldn't anyone that was nearly killed by a tyrannosaurus rex or a pack of velociraptors be slightly nervous about returning to that same island?

Nevertheless she swallowed her fear. The past is in the past.

In order to keep her mind from reminding her of her past trauma, she'd focus on things that would only calm her. Such as the fact that it's 2013 and asset containment has improved greatly since 1993. Also, herbivores won't try to eat her.

Despite her unfortunate memories of what happened to her when her grandfather invited her and her siblings to come be a few of the first visitors at Jurassic Park, she still kept a love for dinosaurs.

Being one of John Hammond's granddaughters, Mia - as well as siblings, Tim and Lex - were a few of the first people to find out about the reopening of Jurassic Park, now called Jurassic World. While Lex was very much against the idea, Tim and Mia remained indifferent.

"It's not like we're going to return anyway." Tim would say.

At that time, the year being 2012, Mia was curious more than anything. Simon Masrani, a close friend of Hammond, promised to do better this time. Focus more on satisfaction of both guests and animals versus focusing on profits.

And this time, nothing would go wrong. Simon promised John.

Following her grandfather's death, Mia spent the next few weeks thinking about the new park. Masrani spoke with all three Murphy siblings about how safe the new park would be and how if they ever wanted to return, he'd be more than happy to accommodate them with anything they'd need. Lex laughed right in his face, of course.

Mia studied animal behavior in college and ended up getting her bachelor's in that specific field. When Masrani heard of this, it piqued his interest.

"I would love it if you considered working at the park. Animal behaviorists such as yourself are what Jurassic World needs." He told her.

At first, the idea seemed insane to Mia. Visiting the park was one thing, but working there? It wouldn't just be working there, it would also be living there. On the same island she had nightmares about.

The next few weeks were filled with nothing but her thoughts on the situation. She spoke with Tim about it, knowing he'd be more understanding than their sister.

"What happened to us all those years ago was awful. But Mia, you gotta do what's best for you. We grew up, we moved on. If this is something you want to do, go for it. History can't always repeat itself." He told her.

At those words, almost a year later, Mia had made up her mind and in one phone call to Simon Masrani, she was packed and ready to start her new life.

A plane ride and then a helicopter ride was all it took before Mia was back on the island she couldn't believe she was back on.

As she stepped out of the helicopter, Mia was immediately hit in the face with the hot, Central America air. At least there was the sea breeze.

The brunette took a look around and took a deep breath. This isn't Jurassic Park. It's Jurassic World. She'd tell herself.

A car pulled up, stopping a few feet away from the helicopter and a woman with short red hair stepped out and approached Mia, a smile on her face.

"Ms. Murphy, it's an honor. I'm Claire Dearing, the operations manager," The woman introduced herself, sticking her hand out.

Mia took it without any hesitation, a smile on her face as well. "It's nice to meet you, Claire. And please, Mia is fine," She replied as they shook hands.