Chapter Five

Mia was driving along the back roads of the plains, as she liked to call them. She didn't want to scare any of the animals, nor did she want to get in the way of any of the gyrosphere passengers. She parked her Jeep right outside the fence and made her way into the fields.

A smile grew on her face upon seeing her favorite triceratops sitting under a tree. Mia carefully approached her as to not scare her and once the dinosaur became aware of her presence, relaxed.

"Hello Ms. Cera," Mia sat down beside her, stroking her head. Cera made her usual noises and blinked her big eyes up at Mia.

Mia rested against Cera's body and closed her eyes, enjoying the breeze that was passing through. "You know, Ms. Cera. You're so lucky you didn't have to put up with those crowds of people and their whiny kids. Not that I would have ever let those kids ride you like a horse, but I'm just saying," Mia spoke out loud to the dinosaur, like she normally did.

Cera made more noises causing Mia to chuckle. "I don't think all kids are whiny, for the record, don't you think that for a second, Cera. It just seems that whenever I'm around those kids at the petting zoo, they're always the worst type of kids. You know, the "I'm gonna throw a temper tantrum until I get what I want" type of kids. You know what I mean?" Mia ranted to the animal who, in all honesty, probably had no clue what she was saying.

"Ugh and don't even get me started on their mothers," She groaned, leaning her head back to look at the sky.

Mia thought of Owen and how he'd get a kick out of the way she handled the mother back at the petting zoo. He'll probably laugh, pat her on the shoulder, then say something flirty like, "That's my girl."

The idea made her blush and she scolded herself for it. Owen was Owen. Her best friend. Her main confidant. Nothing more, nothing less. Right?

She didn't know.

Mia would be lying if she said she didn't find Owen attractive. Of course he was attractive. Not to mention he was also a good listener. Always there to listen to Mia ramble on about something random. He was also good at looking out for people, especially the people he cared for. He made sure they were always safe and a-okay. He somehow always knew what to say or how to put the thoughts Mia would get into words whenever she couldn't think of the words. He gives great hugs. He's funny without trying too hard to be. He's just...He's a great guy.

Shit.

Those are romantic feelings, aren't they?

Mia's thoughts were interrupted by a gyrosphere heading for the restricted fence. But that's when she noticed the restricted fence was wide open. Standing up, she watched as the sphere went in.

"Restricted isn't that hard of a word to comprehend," She muttered, petting Cera one last time before heading off to follow the gyrosphere. That's when she felt her phone buzz.

She pulled her phone out and widened her eyes at the code 19 message. Asset out of containment? Which one was it? Oh God, please let it be an herbivore.

A bad feeling rested in her gut as she quickly followed after the gyrosphere. If there was an asset out of containment, she needed to tell them to get back to the main park.

All she could think about, however, was what if it wasn't an herbivore? What if it was something like the T-Rex or the velociraptors that escaped? No, not the raptors. Owen was cautious of the containment.

She spotted the gyrosphere after a couple minutes of walking and also noticed the ankylosaurus'. There were four of them and they were just minding their own businesses. Mia looked at the gyrosphere again and noticed two boys were in the inside of it, talking. She stood in her spot behind a tree when she saw they were pointing at the dinosaurs, frowns on their faces. Something was wrong.