My room

Lying on the floor, boards are resting beneath my head
I'm looking to the walls but it's not making sense
My head feels bruised and my heart is worn
And my soul is like a looking glass
You never know what's in it.

Untouched books sitting on shelves
Hold many stories of new and old,
My life barely starting, I'm  living vicariously through them.
The classic love stories warm my heart but hit something deep in my gut making me feel torn

My guitar lying lifeless on its stand
Waiting for me to pick it up and run my ringers on it strings.
I have no inspiration and no one to please.
They all hate me, wish I was gone, but all i think is how much I want them holding me hand.

My plants are more alive than I am, their roots are fragile just like me.
They have nothing to live for and they just sit there looking pretty, they mean so much to my aching soul.
They're just fragile little things, living a life on a window,
Waiting for someone to feed them because they can't be supported on their own.

Lips that feel like pure gold, are used for cursing and praising
They flourish in trouble and settle in tragedy.
Words she speaks are left lonely, to sit in the night and evaporate into the night sky.
She utters promises she'll never keep and lies with cold, breaking tones that shatter a heart in one quick murmur.

She's finally getting up from the cold floor,
Arms pushing down on the warm surface.
The girl who was once blissful is now lonely and narcissistic, she waits on the people who don't need her and hate her while the people who wait on her, become backround characters in her life.

She looks powerful on the outside but it's all a facade and the last night, tonight, will be the last of that facade.
She is now the flower she once was, dreaming of hopeful futures and smiling with contempt.
The girl inside of her died that night and was reborn as a woman.
A woman with a strong will and no self hatred.
Once was a bud is now a flourishing blossom.