Juli | Happy Ever After

A/N: This was requested by: CassandraKoehn

They requested fluff during their married life while taking time around the movie together. I hope you like it and I'm so sorry for the wait!

Agustín best dad, but for now,,, he doesn't exist HAHAHA.

There weren't exactly any scenes from the movie in this chapter since I don't like copying scenes from it just for it to be repeated in words lol. But the timeline is along the movie.

———————————————————

With a gentle sigh, Juli watches Mirabel walk off with a worried expression. Grabbing your wife by the waist and making her meet your gaze with your fingers underneath her chin, you smile reassuringly before placing a tender kiss on her forehead.

Pushing her face deeper into the crook of your neck, her hands find their way towards your back before clutching your shirt. It was a habit of hers whenever she wanted her worries to disappear.

"Mira's a tough cookie, she may not be able to speak to us about her worries, but she's strong. Just like her mamá." You soothe, stroking circles on the back of Juli affectionately. She had been restless for years, ever since your youngest daughter's gift ceremony. And that was so long ago.

You feel her smile against your neck, her breathing slowly steadying as a little giggle escapes her lips, the very sound that had you falling in love with her from the start. You would always compare the sound of Julieta's laughter to angels singing, almost as if you heard symphonies every time it replayed in your head.

"She has two mamás. Which one are you talking about?" She chuckles, feeling one of your hands snake around her waist while the other grabs her hand. Moving at a slow pace with Juli's head on your chest, you intimately dance in the kitchen, Casita opening and closing its windows and drawers in delight.

You laugh as you pull away just enough to give your wife an eskimo kiss, leading her by the hand and spinning her around before pulling her back against you. "Of course I'm talking about me."

She shakes her head playfully before giving you a peck on the lips. "Of course you are, mi amor." Continuing your little dance without a care in the world, Isabela walks in with a bouquet of flowers in her arms, watching the two of you with affection in her eyes.

"This is for the two of you." As soon as you take the bouquet Isabela was reaching out for the two of you, with a flick of her wrist, matching flower crowns bloom atop your heads. "I'm glad you both still make time to rest." She whispers as she pulls the two of you into a quick, but tight hug.

"Don't forget to have fun and rest as well, alright corazón?" You say as you pat the top of her head gently, not trying to mess her hair up, which you knew she cares for so much. "And please, look after your sisters."

With a swift nod, her hair flows along with the movement. "Of course mamá." Just as she's about to bid goodbye, Juli moves closer quickly, giving Isa a kiss on her forehead as gratitude for the ever-beautiful flowers, and for everything she's done for the family.

The moment she leaves, Juli sighs. "It's almost as if they're slipping through my fingers. They've grown so much, into such beautiful strong women. Time is moving too quickly."

Taking Juli's hand into yours and intertwining your fingers, you place a chaste kiss on the back of her hand before slowly pulling her out of Casita. Without questions, she follows your lead, watching your steps through the paved streets 'til slowly realizing where you were headed.

Right on the border of the Encanto, in the forest by a river was a large tree, your initials engraved inside of a heart right at the center. Beneath it is the initials of your daughters, which were newly engraved. "I promised you, when you felt like life was moving too quickly, I would take you back to the place where time completely stopped for us."

The place where you first confessed your love, where you proposed to her, and where you married, would always be in this exact place where every core memory with her was created. "So if you're getting intimidated by the pace of our lives, if you need a short break where you don't need to worry about anyone- be it family, your gift, or the townsfolk. No matter how urgent you think it is, always remember that what's most important is yourself. I'll never fail to remind you, my love."

Juli smiles gently, patches of sunlight peeking through leaves and shining right on her face, making her all the more glorifying. "You're a klutz who's always in need of my gift, so those are bold words coming from you. But in the end, that's what completes us. We'll always need each other, I wonder how I ever got so lucky with you. I would really love for time to stop for us once again, mi amor."

"I'll always be the lucky one, and I believe time has already stopped." You whisper, pulling her closer by the waist while she wraps her arms around your neck, your lips slowly meeting. Each kiss you shared always felt like your first; the excitement, the butterflies exploding in your stomach, the sparks that flew from her touch- none of it would ever grow old, even if you grew older together.

But it was beautiful. Everything that involved your life with Julieta was beautiful, even if things changed as time passed by. And that was your mission as Julieta Madrigal's wife, to reassure her that change was constant and that it was still wonderful even if it had its ups and downs.

"Each day spent with you is my happy ever after."

———————————————————

A/N: I can take 4 more requests, so comment on the request page if you have any :P

This book is also no longer on hold, I'll be updating it again from now on. Thank you all for waiting. I've properly recovered from my writer's block and was honestly surprised when it was still gaining readers.

Please vote <3 it motivates me a lot!

Word count: 1060