Chapter 7: The Viscount's Party

As your carriage bounced along the streets, the stars sparkled in the navy blue sky. Madam Red's tight red dress brushed against yours as a slight breeze wafted through the window. Sebastian pushed his glasses up a little and started briefing you on who you would meet tonight.

   " Aleister Chambers, the Viscount Druitt. He graduated from medical school but has not gone into practice. He's thrown several parties at his home. However, people say he simultaneously holds secret parties that only his intimates may attend. "

   " I've heard rumors that he's into black magic and that sort of thing. " Madam Red spoke from beside you.

   " So you suspect that at these underground parties, they perform ceremonies and sacrifice the prostitutes? " Lau asked.

The carriage went through the gates to the beautiful white house, and Grell stopped the horses in front of the doors.

   " Tonight is the last party of the season. We only have one chance. " Ciel spoke.

The door opened, and the person outside held a hand out for someone to take it. You took his hand and stepped out as your dress came with you. You stepped out of the carriage, and Ciel followed after you. Your dress touched the ground and hovered over it by an inch. The skirt was long, and it expanded a little as it traveled downward. The bodice was tight, as if it was laying on top of a corset, which restricted your breathing. Your shoulders were shown, and the deep v-line in the bodice was slightly hidden behind a sheer layer of fabric connected to a small chocker on your neck. The dress was soft, and you could easily spin around in the dress and cause the layers to fan out before settling back against your legs.

Ciel offered you his arm, and you wrapped your right hand around his arm while your left held onto your dress so that it wouldn't drag on the stairs

Ciel offered you his arm, and you wrapped your right hand around his arm while your left held onto your dress so that it wouldn't drag on the stairs. Once entering the ballroom, you looked around at the many people and kept your grip on Ciel's arm firm so that you wouldn't get separated. Ciel placed his free hand on top of your hand, holding his arm, to reassure you. Madam Red led the group to a corner, where the plan started to occur.

   " Y/n will play my niece visiting from the country, and Sebastian will play as Y/n's fiancee.

   " Why do my butler and Y/n have to pretend to be someone they're not? We can be here with our titles. " Ciel asked.

   " Because I always wanted a girl. "

   " That's your reason!? "

   " We can't let them find out the family Y/n belongs to, can we? She is going to take her father's company after all. We don't want to tie any rumors to her name. Plus, I heard rumors that Vicount Druitt likes anything in a skirt. And is she's betrothed, it makes the chances even greater." Madam Red whispered to Ciel.

   " I still do not see the quarrel with revealing who we are. We have a clear mission, but there is no reason, for her to pretend to be my butlers fiancee. "