Chapter 12: The Demon Hound Pt. 2

The next day was more relaxing than the previous day. Everyone decided it was a good day to go swimming. Bard and Finny had soaked themselves in the water while Mey-Rin questioned if she should leave the changing room.

   " You come out here too, Mey-Rin! " Finny shouted towards the stall.

Mey-Rin pulled the curtains aside before drawing them together again. Only her head was peeking out from the stall, and her face was painted red.

   " I can't, it's just too embarrassing, yes! "

   " Chances like this don't come every day! Hurry up and get in! " Bard shouted.

Mey-Rin stepped outside the stall, and Bard's eyes widened at her swimsuit. The suit was white with pink stripes around the cuffs and edges. Around her legs was a pink ribbon, and the maid wore no shoes. The shorts were white, and they connected to a short-sleeved white shirt. A white skirt flared out at the rim of the shorts and touched Mey-Rin's knees. The front of the skirt was open, but the back was left on its own. A hat sat on Mey-Rin's head, and she still wore her glasses.

   " This is embarrassing; yes it is! "

   " You look great, Mey-Rin! " FInny encouraged.

   " Really!? "

   " I bet you'd look even better without your glasses. " Bard suggested.

Fearing for her glasses, Mey-Rin ran away from Bard and started splashing them when they got close. While the servants played in the water, Ciel sat in a chair on the shore, reading a book and staying dry. Sebastian stood beside the rug Ciel's chair sat upon, with a towel draped over his arm.

   " You won't bathe, young master? Ah, that's right. You--"

   " Just being able to bathe in this season isn't much of a selling point for a health resort. " Ciel commented, interrupting Sebastian

   " Do you truly intend to make this place a resort? "

   " Naturally. "

   " What about the demon hound? " Sebastian questioned after a few moments of silence.

   " I'm sure you've caught on to its true form as well. Come here a moment. "

While Ciel continued his conversation with Sebastian, you sat on a light blue blanket beside Angela, who had an umbrella open to shield her from the sun. Beside her was a picnic basket. You looked out at the water, the calm waters that slightly became waves from the Phantomhive servants, causing a ruckus in the water. The water bubbled and you suddenly felt drawn away from the water. You started to enter your world, where memories began to surface. Of course, your eyes were focused on the water, but you could hear the shouts in your head of your past.

   " You brat! "

   " Ahh! Please stop! "

   " You don't get to make demands of me! "

Splashing noises sounded through your head, and you felt a wave of cold air hit you.

   " Y/n! "

   " Y/n! "

You felt a hand place itself on your back, and you were brought back into the real world. Angela placed her hand on your back when you wouldn't respond to her. You shook your head, and smiled at Angela, trying to hide the fact, that you were uncovering something from your past.

   " Yes, Angela? "

   " I was worried. You were staring out into the water, and you seemed lost. "