29

valerie

i sat on the couch with bruce watching the sky, listening to his breathing every time the party would quieten down.

i don't think i've ever felt this calm in my life before.

i mean yes, i've been high before, but this was so different, something about that moment with bruce also relaxed me.

'where you from?' bruce asked as i straightened myself up on the couch causing him to groan a little as i got off his arm. 'not far from here, you?' i replied continuing to look at the sky.

the dark blue sky shining over me and him with the party lights occasionally flashing us. 'same.' he said as i looked at him.

something about him seemed scary but oddly enough he was really nice. to me.

--

after like what seemed 30 minutes, actually passed two hours, me and bruce sat on the couch talking about the most random shit, getting to know each other a little better, which worked because we ended revealing pretty much everything to each other.

he told me how he lives with his step mum and dad and how they're both drug dealers, including himself. i doubt he cared about telling me because he didn't hesitate to even think about it when we were talking, the words rolled of his tongue almost mesmerically.

i told him about my boring life; moving here a couple months back during the summer, going to a dead school, how i only live with my brother because my parents died etcetera etcetera. bruce listened exceptionally well for a high person.

i felt at ease finally telling some one other than just ash and fezco.

'can i have your number, pretty?' he asked.

i nodded and grabbed my phone from in between my thighs and unlocked it, passing it to him.

he took it carefully and opened my contacts app, adding himself.

i watched him as his put in 'bruce❤️' which made me giggle a bit. 'here.' he said passing it back to me, showing a pleased smile.

'ight ima head out, i have business later.' he spoke as he stood up stretching.

shit, i just clocked i have no one to take me home. i mean i can uber but do i even have money?

please, god be on my side right now.

'ah alright, bye.' i muttered, letting the tiredness rush over me, which, gladly bruce picked up on. 'you tired? want me to take you home?' he asked, clearly somehow sobering up quicker than me.

was i going to let him take me home? yes.

'yes please, only if you don't mind.' i answered feeling quite guilty.

'ight.' he said as he put his arm out in front of me to grab. starting to giggle a little as a weird feeling of familiar butterflies erupted in my body. i ignored it and got up.

i took his arm and we both made our way towards the house, i felt quite dizzy and tired so i got closer to him in fear of passing out of losing him. although how i felt, i kept giggling randomly as we walked closer and closer to the house.

as we walked in, we were almost immediately squished together due to the crazy amount of people.

i spotted maddy sitting on a guys lap and drinking with him, no way was i going to leave maddy alone here.

'wait bruce.' i said which made him stop dead in his tracks to face me. 'give me a second, please.' i begged to which he nodded, a slight sigh escaping his mouth.

'maddy? maddy!' i shouted as i walked towards her, pushing past people not caring if i was hurting them or not.

'oh my god, val, heyyyy, oh my god, meet josh. this is josh.' she happily exclaimed as she pointed to the guy she was on top of. 'hi josh... anyways maddy, im leaving, i have to get home.' i called over the loud music vibrating around me.

'oh im going to stay.' she shouted, still extremely giddy. 'you sure?' i asked to which she just nodded. 'ok then, text me when you leave, ok?' i added which made her smile and nod. 'byeee, love you.' she yelled as i turned my back to her and walked back to where bruce was, waiting patiently for me.

thank god he waited.

ashtray

'if you wanna leave, we can,' fezco said leaning over to me, seeing the bored expression on my face. fuck yes i wanted to leave but i know fezco and i still had some shit to sell, i didn't want to ruin it so i shook my head and pulled out my phone hoping valerie would text me.

we've gotten closer these past few months and i've been enjoying this change. a lot.

i smiled down at my phone as i opened our chat and started to type in a simple hello.

before i sent it i looked up, hearing a familiar giggle coming from behind me.

i turned around to see valerie. her hair let down, waving around in the air with a short black mesh dress on.

the fuck?

she stumbled past me holding another guys arm, laughing the whole way.

i felt my jaw clench and i bit my lip hard.

'yo bro...?' i heard fezco say, i snap my head towards him. 'yo, you good, bruh?' he asked analysing my face. 'you all red, bruh.' he continued, taking a short puff from his joint, not seeing valerie.

i looked towards the door where the guy valerie was just with, in the middle of a crowd standing still looking towards a corner with valerie no where near him.

i got up in anger and moved myself inside with the idea of looking for val. did everything we did mean nothing? was it really that quick for her to just find another guy?

as i got closer i saw val leaning down close to... maddy? i didn't even know they were here. together at least.

they had a short conversation before valerie turned around and walked back to the guy, grabbing his arm again.

i pushed past people as val moved closer to the front door.

just as i made it reasonably close to where val was, she was already out the door. i watched her as she got inside his car and began to drive away.

i clenched my jaw again and turned around back to where me and fez was.

'we're leaving. right now.' i spat at fezco as i got closer. 'ight bro chill, we're leaving.' he said letting out a forced laugh.

au
2 in a day woah🤯
not proof read

1121 words