Chapter 6: Bel

Hello dear readers!! Sorry for the long wait, I was feeling a big uninspired but I've been working on this chapter for a while. It's a new POV from a new type of spiritual gift.

WARNING: Profanity and offensive language

Chapter 6: Bel

Kihran Marrid walked out her front door right as the first meteor bomb hit the capital building. Asteroids rained down from the sky in glowing orbs of destruction, and the screams of terrified citizens flew past her as they ran to escape the danger. Her twin brother Kahrin bumped into her back as she stood frozen in place, then shouldered past her to peer out beyond.

"Ready?" he asked, cracking the knuckles of his large brown hands and stretching out his neck, "You start or I?"

Kihran blinked away the image of the glowing shower in the abyss beyond, and threw off her traveling cloak. She wore a simple red dress with onyx buttons, her dark brown hair pulled up with a matching red ribbon into a neat bun tied up onto the top of her head. Kahrin wore a matching set of crimson robes, the skirts both were cut down the center and tied back out of the way. He also wore a matching red band strapped around his crown which pushed back his smooth, deep brown locks. Kihran had always been a few inches taller than her twin, but he had started to gain on her as they reached adulthood. They stood next to each other, facing slightly away, and she could see how equally matched they were in height, stature, and posture, as well as their identical dark brown eyes and tanned skin. She was now only about an inch taller at 7 inches 6 feet, he reached almost 6 and 6.

Kahrin lifted his hands in the air, palms out towards the center of the village. The capitol building burned and the muffled screams of fleeing citizens buzzed in Kirhan's mind as she tried to focus. She glanced sideways at her twin, then they both latched their sight onto the point of entry.

All the bombs seemed to fall from the same place, a deep black opening hovering over the city causing midnight darkness in the middle of the day. The meteors flew as if thrown from a great height and burned with a fire that seemed to scorch the town before even landing, and then as they made impact a booming crash and a wall of fire shot into the air. The fire then spread, lapping up every unstable house, market stall, or person who couldn't get away fast enough. Though there was no rain, lightning flashed continuously and the sound of a deep thunderous laugh roared as if the villain stood right in front of them.

Thinking with one mind, the twins moved their hands together, forming the shape of a diamond with four points, palms facing out toward the storm cloud. Then they began to chant, without knowing beforehand which incantation of protection from the Ancient Word needed to be used, but the Lord gave it to them. Their voices boomed out as if from a resounding loudspeaker, tearing through the darkness with an ethereal echo:

"You will not fear the terror of night,

nor the arrow that flies by day,

nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,

nor the plague that destroys at midday.

A thousand may fall at your side,

ten thousand at your right hand,

but it will not come near you.

You will only observe with your eyes

and see the punishment of the wicked.

The Lord is your refuge, no harm will overtake you,

no disaster will come near you.

For he will command his angels concerning you