Chapter 2

-April's house-

*April and her father coming through the door*

John: So? Did you agree?

April: …..

John: *in a stern voice* I know you hear me talking to you bitch! Did you agree?!

April: *tearing up* ……

John: *angry* You refused didn’t you?

April: *Holding back tears*….

John: *slams fist on wall* YOU STUPID BITCH!!! YOU REFUSED ON PURPOSE DIDN’T YOU!?!

April: *still holding back tears* …..

John: *chuckles* Well guess what? That money was gonna go to you and your sister. But you ruined it. Just like you do everything else. You know what, you are useless. Just like your sister, just like your mom. *scoffs* All the women in this family aren't good for anything. What’d you refuse for anyway, huh? To get back at me? Well guess what? *grabs April’s collar and pulls her closer to him*

April: *crying*

John: You’re stuck with me until you move out. You live here rent free and you decide to turn down five million dollars?! *throws her away from him* Since you wanna be an idiot, you’re gonna get a job and start paying rent. You make me sick. Get out of my sight.

April: *crying**under her breath a little* I didn't refuse.

John: What?

April: *trying to stop crying* I didn’t refuse! You’re getting the money sent to your bank account in a couple months. They have to make sure we don't only say we agree just to get the money and then back out.

John: *smiles* Good. Good job April. Maybe you’re not so useless after all.

April: Yeah whatever. *sniffs* *pushes past him and goes to her room upstairs* *starts crying*

-Marks' house-

*mark walks throught the front door and into the living room*

*his father is waiting for him on the couch*

Mark: *sits on the love seat next to the couch and watched TV*

Derek: So…Am I getting the money?

Mark: *scoffs* That’s all you care about huh? *gets up and starts to walk to his room*

Derek: Don’t walk away from me when I’m talking to you!!

Mark:  *stops walking* Or what?! You’ll kill another one of my best friends?!

Derek:…..

Mark: That’s what I thought. You do realize I could die right?

Derek: That didn't stop you from joining a gang.

Mark: It wasn't even a violent gang. We protected people instead of killing them.

Derek: Then how did your mother die? Huh?

Mark: In a car crash. Like you saw. We both saw the same thing that day Derek.

Derek: It was a hit and run.

Mark: *raises his voice a little* Which happens. Because that's the fucked up world we live in. *soft tone* You know what I'm not about to do this again. *goes to his room*

-Jacob's house-

Jacob: *walking through the front door* Mom I'm home!

...

Jacob:....Mom?

...

Jacob: *goes up to his mom's room and knocks on the door* Mom? Are you okay?

...

Jacob: *opens the door*

Jessie: *sleeping*

Jacob: *checks her pulse and let's out a sigh of relief*

Marsha: *standing in the doorway* Hello Jacob.

Jacob: *turns to the doorway* Oh. Hey Marsha.

Marsha: Is she-

Jacob: Nah. She's just sleeping.

Marsha: Oh okay good. *softly smiles* Why are you home so late?

Jacob: I actually need to talk to you about that. *stands up* So there's something I need to do and I'm going to be gone for at least a few months, but when I go I'll get a lot of money and I could pay someone to look for a cure for my mom. So, I need you to watch her full time instead of part time.

Marsha: If it'll lead to a possibility of Ms. Jessie getting a cure of course I will.

Jacob: Thank you. I'll up your pay. *starts walking out of the room*

Marsha: Of course Jacob but that is not necessary.

Jacob: Hm? *stops walking and turns to her*

Marsha: Ms. Jessica needs care and me watching her for you is going to help. You don't need to give me a raise.

Jacob: Hm. *leaves the room*

-The homeless shelter-

Venus: *helping a kid with their homework*

Samantha: *worried* Hey Vee?

Venus: Yeah? What's wrong, you look worried.

Samantha: *lowered tone* Your mom is here.

Venus: What?

Samantha: *points down the hall*

-In the hallway-

Venus: What are you doing here.

VM(Venus' mom): Your school contacted me.

Venus: So they did tell you about the money.

VM: Yes. But I don't want it.

Venus: .....What? Did they tell you how much money they were giving you?

VM: Yes, they did but I don't want it. I may have given birth to you but that doesn't make me your mother. If you decide to do this and they send me the money, you can have it.

Venus: How would you do that? I don't even have a bank account yet.

VM: I'll write you a check. So when you do get a bank account you'll already be set for life.

Venus: Thank you.

VM: Of course. *leaves*