Chapter 12

Venus: Right...so anyway. Callie can absolutely stay here.

April: Thank you so much. My dad is going on a business trip and he doesn't even know how long he'll be.

Venus: I'll make sure the fridge gets filled before we have to leave.

April: Oh no it's okay I got it.

Venus: How about we go together? We haven't hung out yet. Just the two of us.

April: *slight gasp of excitement* We could make it a girls day while the boys get their shit together.

Mark: I have my shit together.

April: Hug him. Right now.

Mark: What? No?

Jacob: Yeah, I'll definitely pass.

April: Either hug right now, or take the same day as us and learn to get along.

Mark&Jacob: *look at each other*

Jacob: I'd rather just take the day.

Mark: Fine.

April: Greeaattt.

Mark: This doesn't mean I like him.

April: I don't care. You don't have to like him. You just have to get along. Anyway, I'm like really tired so I'm just gonna take a nap.

Jacob: At 3am.

April: Yes.

Venus: You can all sleep here. We've all had substances so it's not really safe to drive, especially at night.

Marks: Thanks Venus.

April: *sleeping on the couch*

Venus: I'll get her a blanket. *goes upstairs*

Jacob: You're probably not going to get anywhere with her.

Mark: What?

Jacob: April. She's not focused on romance right now. She doesn't even seem interested in it. So I suggest you wait.

Mark: Why? So you can get to her first?

Jacob: I don't like April in that way.

Mark: Yeah, right.

Jacob: Why is that so hard to believe?

Venus: *coming downstairs with 3 blankets* It's not. I believe you only like April as a friend.

Mark: Of course you take his side.

Venus: *takes one of the blankets and lays it on April* What does that mean? We've only just met and you already feel like we're all against you?

Jacob: Look, I'm not saying you don't have a chance. I'm saying wait until your chances are higher. She's not interested in finding someone right now. So she will turn you down.

Venus: And you'll get hurt and it'll mess with the mission. I agree with Jacob. You should wait. At least until after we're off the planet.

Mark: *scoffs and rolls his eyes* *takes a blanket and lays on the couch*

Venus: *moves the coffee table out of the way and throws Jacob a blanket* I guess we should go to sleep. *turns the light off and lays near the couch* Goodnight.

Jacob: Goodnight.

-A couple weeks later at the cabin-
-A day before graduation-

Mark: We're finally out of here tomorrow.

April: And by here you mean school.