Chapter 1

"Hey Bambina." Stefania yelled to her costar and close friend as they got out of their cars.

"Hey Stef." Danielle said as she struggled to keep up with her crazy, but lovable, dog Ford. She rushed off quickly to her trailer after shooting her friend a quick smile.

Stefania shook her head.  In the past few weeks, ever since they discussed their plans for hiatus, Danielle has been weird. Not mean or cold, just super busy suddenly.   They went from doing everything together on set and off and texting all day, every day, to really just hanging out when they had to run lines or other work-related stuff. She thought they had gotten past all this drama when they broke up last year.  But obviously they hadn't. 

Danielle felt bad as she rushed off.  She knew she wasn't being fair to Stefania.  They were good  friends and Stef deserved better. Danielle picked up the phone and texted her best friend, Chris.  -Can I come over after set. I need to talk about something. -

The text came back quickly.  -Does this something have wavy brown hair, an impeccable body and a hot accent? -

Danielle laughed and texted back- Yup. See you around 5:30?

Danielle was all business on set.  She didn't want to hurt Stef's feelings but she had too much on her mind and too many feelings in her heart to deal with Stef at this moment. Stefania was trying not to be hurt, she knew that when Dani had a lot on her mind, she withdrew, but it didn't seem like she was withdrawing with anyone else. 

At the end of the day, Dani made an effort to say by to Stef.  "Bye Stef, have a great night.  See ya tomorrow!" She said as she saw Stefania walk to her car.  

Danielle arrived at Chris' and walked right in. "Hey Chris, I'm here." Jacob came running down looking frazzled and told her that Chris was upstairs dealing with an Aspen blowout. They would be right down. Danielle went to the fridge, grabbed a beer and asked Jacob if he wanted anything. She chuckled to herself as she grabbed him a Truly. That's how close they all were, she felt comfortable enough at their house to offer them one of their own beers. Their house was her house and vice versa.

Chris came down with a smiling Aspen, who he promptly gave to Danielle. Aspen immediately curled into her aunt and gave her a big toothless grin. "So, D. What's the big emergency?"

"I fucked, up." she buried her head in Aspen's neck. "Big time. I think I still have feelings for Stef."

"I thought you had news, D. This is something we all know." Jacob laughed and hit Chris on the arm lovingly whispering to him to be supportive.

"Shut up, C!" Danielle had tried for so long to deny her growing feeling for Stefania because it wasn't fair to Stefania. Danielle was the one who broke things off last year before they actually got a chance to see where they were going. She was the one who was afraid of her feelings and felt that they should stay as friends. She was the one who decided they she date other people before really giving them a chance. It took a long time for them to get to a good place again and she couldn't mess that up.

Chris turned to Danielle and asked her what was going on. "I thought things were good between you too. What changed?"

"Things were great. We were doing really well as friends. The jealousy of the summer boyfriends was over. We were single and happy and then she told me that she's leaving the evening that we finish shooting to go to Fucking Brazil with Fucking Leco." Jacob covered little Aspen's ears as Danielle loudly cursed. 

"I thought they were just best friends, like us. I mean except that I'm super gay." The three laughed at that. "Like married to a guy and have a precious baby girl with him gay."

"That's what Stef says. That they are just best friends. Plus we're not together so why is it bothering me so much." At that moment, Danielle got up with Aspen and walked her outside to think.