Chapter 4

Stefania sat in her trailer.  She didn't know what to do.  Danielle couldn't leave. This was supposed to be a great Summer for the two of them.  They were going to go to Italy and do a convention. She was going to show Danielle her hometown. She was going to debut her movie, with Dani supporting her.  Two best friends seeing Italy together.  But it all went to shit, simply because she was going to Brazil first to see Leco and finish her movie.  She loved Brazil and had many friends there, including Leco, and Danielle knew that. 

Stef sat and cried in her trailer.  She loved Danielle, but they had to stay friends.  When they broke up it was bad. Danielle didn't even know how bad it was.  Leco did, because she healed in Brazil with him.  But there were nights that she didn't want to keep living.  Danielle chose fear of her parents over a chance with her. Stef had trouble believing that she could ever really live out loud publicly.  She understood it, but it didn't make her feel any safer.

She had a few more days to shoot and then she was leaving for the Summer.  All she could do is hope that Danielle would contact her before Italy. Stef was very quiet the rest of the week, keeping to herself on set.  People had figured out that something wasn't right when they got a rewrite to take Dani out of the party scene. Stef hugged everyone goodbye at the end of the week, went home and packed and left for Brazil.  It had been 5 days and she had heard nothing from Danielle.  Her social media was quiet, except for live tweeting the episode on Thursday. She had tried to honor Danielle's wishes and didn't contact her, even though it was killing her.

Dani was also having a hard week. Monday, after writing Stef the note, she called Macey.  "Hey Macey. Do you want to get away for a road trip before we go to Italy?" Macey could hear in Dani's voice that something was wrong so she agreed even though it meant she would be away from her kids for two extra weeks.  Something was wrong with her best friend, and she needed to be with her. 

"Great. I'll come to Texas and we can decide from there!" Dani tried to be excited. She loved road trips.  But she wasn't excited, she was heart broken.  Stef didn't trust her. She didn't want to be with her. Dani went over to Chris' house that night and sat on the couch with Aspen in her lap. 

"You look miserable, D" Chris could tell something was seriously wrong with his best friend.  

"I'm fine Chris." I just came by to say goodbye to you guys before I travel for a while.  Mace and I are going on a road trip.  I'm leaving on the weekend.  

"Oh, so you're copying your character and running away. Real mature D." 

"Fuck you Chris." Dani had had enough of his shit.

"Dani, you are the most selfless, kindest person I know. But with this, you are acting like a spoilt child.  Talk to her."

"I am being selfless.  She doesn't want me Chris, so I'm leaving for a while till things get better.  I'm the one who made things hard for her, so I'm taking myself out of the situation." Danielle took Aspen and gave her a big hug and walked away.  "I love you Chris, Love you Aspen. I gotta go."

Chris was worried about his friend.  This was not like her.