8~

"Boss's wife, your hubby is here" Ruqayya teased,

"Ruqqaya I've told you several times to call me Nadia, 'boss's wife' makes me feel old" Nadia whined as she cleaned both of her hands with a brown fluffy towel laying on the brown Marble counter top in the industrial kitchen,

"Sorry Nadia the boss's wife" Ruqayya said quickly covering her mouth with her hands when Nadia glared at her,
"I can't just stop saying it, it's so sweet" Ruqayya stiffled her laughter, but she released it loudly when she couldn't hold it in again,

"whatever, see you tomorrow" Nadia rolled her eyes while waving at her,

"bye boss's wife" Ruqayya shouted behind Nadia.

She picked up her bag from the counter and ambulated to where Abdallah parked his car.

It's already a week since Nadia started working at triple A café, and she wouldn't have wished for anything better than that, she picked up really fast thanks to ruqayya and the other staffs as well, she liked the fact that none of them treated her as though she were the boss, they all made her feel like she was one of them, they all commended Nadia's culinary skills because with her help two more pastries will be added to the menu very soon.

Nadia got out of the café slowly, she looked to her right, but she couldn't see Abdallah's car, she turned to the left, that was when she sighted his car from afar.

She walked slowly and majestically towards his black tinted SUV. She was unable to understand why Abdallah has formed the habit of picking her up from her workplace since when she started working, he has a lot of cars, and he knows very well that she could drive. When she couldn't find any more reasons, She ended up concluding that he might be doing it for the public.

"salam alaykum" she muttered when she pulled the front door open,

"walaykum salam" he replied as he ignited the car.

"How was your day" she asked,

"fine Alhamdulillah" he replied as he reversed and got moving.

Nadia was at least happy that their relationship improved in just a week, Even though they don't talk, they eat together and have some brief greetings which is always done by Nadia - She's still okay with that - since fighting wasn't involved any more. She just hopes things stays this way or even better, but not worse.

"How was your day" Abdallah asked Nadia after some minutes of silence while driving,

"well that's new" Nadia thought to herself while smiling before she replied, "fine Alhamdulillah, it was great" He only nodded his head and silence took over once more.

****

"Aaima, am I the only one seeing that nadeey's cheek has increased" Basma yelled through the screen,

"I'm seeing it too oo" Aaima concurred,

Nadia blushed at their comment, she was now contemplating if being on a conference video call with both of them is a good idea because they'll only tease her until they can't any more.

Nadia was blushing hardly while speaking to them, not knowing there was someone close to her watching her. Abdallah gazed at her as she smiled, he ponders if it's possible for someone to be genuinely happy like the way she was looking, Her smile says it all. He has never been that genuinely happy, it's possible she has no worries or problems like him.

"Girl!, hope you're not stealing their ingredients because I know you like sweet things" Basma asked referring to the triple A café,

Nadia hushed her by putting her index finger on her mouth, she scanned her surrounding to make sure Abdallah wasn't there, but she didn't know he was seeing all her actions and hearing her, "I do steal but very little" she said laughing, and they all joined her too, Abdallah also smiled when he heard that.