16~

Idris sat in the dark room looking through the evidences he laid on the table. He was only waiting for Harris to be back with the last evidence for him to confirm his claims, which were all pointing to one person. He created this room about 5 years ago, 3 years after the unfortunate incident that changed his life forever. He created it with the aim of catching the evil perpetuators that ruined his family.

Idris made a promise to himself to haunt them down and hand them over to the law, so they can be punished accordingly. He won't have been able to get this far without Harris's help, he believed Allah made them meet for a reason.

FLASHBACK:

JUNE,2017

LAGOS,NIGERIA

Idris and Harris met on a cold, rainy night. Idris just closed from the restaurant which he was working as a waiter. He jogged from the restaurant to the roadside to catch a bus which will convey him to his one-room apartment he rented in a slum in Lagos.

The blue raincoat he wore over his body wasn't doing its job any more because the rain got heavier. Idris cleaned the drops of water on his face as he scanned for the nearest shade, he ran to get shelter under the dangling iron roof he sighted opposite where he was standing.

Idris bent down to remove the water that stored in his black sneakers when he got under the roof. he saw blood flowing underneath his shoe when he raised his legs up, Idris shouted in fear thinking it was coming from his body, he checked his whole body, but he didn't have a cut anywhere. He turned backwards, that was when he saw a lifeless body lying on the tarred ground. Idris rushed to the man immediately,

"Mr, Mr" Idris called out shivering, he quickly bent down to check the pulse in his wrist, and it was there, "he's alive" Idris quavered spitting the rain water that entered his mouth while talking, "somebody help, somebody help" Idris shouted at the top of his voice, but no one answered, there was no one around.

Idris dragged the man to the roadside placing him down gently near an iron street light. He stood in the middle of the road to stop a cab. Luckily for him, he got a cab in no time. He quickly took the man to the nearest hospital, the man was treated after Idris paid his hospital bills with all his savings. The man recovered completely within two weeks, but he had nowhere to go.

Idris took him in like his brother, the man vowed to help Idris and pay him back for his good deeds. The man name is Harris, he has been helping Idris in his mission since then, he also helped Nadia out of the train attack.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Idris jerked back to real life when the door opened, he quickly strode towards Harris's direction when he saw him,

"what is it?" Idris asked anxiously, "what is the outcome?" his eyes darted to the brown envelope Harris held in his right hand,

"I'm sorry man" Harris declared sadly, he heaved a long sigh before handing the envelope over to Idris,

Idris collected the envelope reluctantly, scared of what the truth will turn out to be. He tore the upper part of the envelope to reveal the forensic reports inside. He closed his eyes silently praying to Allah before opening it, his face paled when he saw the content.

****

"Subhanallah, I'm coming there right now" Abdallah said over the phone, he palmed his face in frustration before ambling towards the door,

"where are you going to?" Nadia asked limping towards his direction, he stood at akimbo facing the door,

"hospital" he replied throwing his head backwards,