[III]

"Our All-nighters"

"Our All-nighters"

You and Toji raced over to the hospital in the middle of the night, Megumi in your arms panting and sweating with his eyes closed. He was barely eight months old now and had caught a fever that had peaked at a dangerous temperature of 104*F (40*C). 

You were placing ice packs and wet towels all over his face, arms, and legs in an attempt to cool him down but nothing was working and you began to panic.

Seeing your distress, Toji immediately pushed the two of you into the car and drove to the nearest hospital. You were in the backseat with Megumi, fanning him and rubbing ice packs over his face. 

Fear starts to tightly grab hold of your heart as Megumi's breathing quicken. You had no idea what was happening and you were terrified. Toji finally stopped the car in front of the ER.

You didn't even look in his direction as you grabbed Megumi and rushed into the hospital with your son in your arms. 

"Please help! He has a high fever and has short breaths!" You yelled at the receptionist. "I don't know what to do!"

"What was the temperature?" She asked, remaining calm so that you could calm down

"104," you answered.

The woman blinked in surprise before calling for a doctor and quickly escorting you to a nearby room. She asked questions about Megumi while trying to calm you down from your own panic. But it didn't help one bit as a doctor followed by three nurses came into the room, instructing you to place Megumi on the bed and to step outside.

You did as you were told and slowly backed away from the room, watching the doctor ordered around the nurses to lower Megumi's fever. 

You began pacing back and forth, eyes not leaving the window to the room as you watched Megumi continue to struggle to breathe and begin to cry.

His cries echoed through the halls and seemed to stab your heart over and over again as his wails grew louder.

A million different scenarios began running through your mind. 

What if the doctors can't help him?
What if he has some rare disease and can't be cured?
What if he starts to have an asthma attack with his fever?
What if they give up and leave him to die?
Is it a curse?
Or maybe it's his curse energy that's rejecting his body or something?
Can that even happen?
What if he dies-?

"[Name]," a deep and calming voice entered your ears while a pair of warm and strong arms wrapped around your waist and held you tightly. You snapped your head over to Toji who had finally caught up to you. You sighed and leaned your head on his chest, clinging to his shirt and shaking in his hold.