Chapter Nine

Josie's Pov
The most peaceful sleep of my life had occurred as soon as my head had rested onto Howl's chest listening to the deep rumble of his heart beat in rhythm. I wasn't exactly too sure when I had fallen asleep but to the very next moment I could hear voices whispering loudly between one another and the deep sensation of someone's hair in my face.

"I told you those two liked each other! I told you jealously is a strong emotion."

"Howl always look peaceful when he is sleep. The big baby he is."

"Shouldn't we wake them up? It's noon." The suddenly movement of more hair in my face had me groaning roughly shoving my hand quickly to push Howl's head off me the best I could seeing as he was in a deep sleep.

"You take up so much space Howl your hair is my face." I sleepy exclaim hearing a loud groan leave him, he just placed his head into the side of my neck rolling his entire body over, causing for a yelp like sound to leave me. I was now trapped under his large sleeping form. I failed around a couple times, before groaning tilting my head to slightly stare at Markl and Sophie who were watching in amusement.

"I'll be up to help in like, give me ten minutes maybe fifteen." The sliver haired woman sent me a quick thumbs up sending herself into a deep shock of laughter covering her mouth.

"Howl get up I can't breath." I smacked at his back feeling him move closer to me. Now he was just doing this on purpose. I heard a husky like chuckle being heard in my neck before soft murmurs were heard.

"Good morning darling."

__________________
"Here Luna, Calcifer." I leaned over the stove blowing up a small ball of fire into my palms, Calcifer wasted no time in eating up the ball I slide to him, burning up his flames even more to a new level. Luna just popped her mouth open allowing for me to drop the fire ball into her mouth with ease, giving them just a small power boost they needed to help with the castle.

"I see you are getting better control over your fire darling, tell me how does it feel." I jumped slightly in place tilting my head up to focus on Howl who was leaning against the fireplace with me. A casual smile present on his face watching him lift up his hand to brush across my cheeks a couple times.

"Feels  like I won't burn down the entire place if I sneeze on accident." I snorted gently through my light laughter, watching him shake with his own small laughter for a moment, moving his hand to trace down my jaw cupping at it sweetly leaning in a simple kiss was pressed to my temple in place.

"I'm very proud of you Josie. You are doing very well." I squirmed around a little in embarrassment feeling him holding the side of my face more, making me tilt my head up towards him.

"Thank you." I stammered in shock when he pressed another kiss to my lips cupping the side of my face even more bringing me flush against him.

"If you are gonna makeout, move away from me blah!" I snickered onto the soft surface of his lips grabbing tightly at his shirt suddenly he lowered his head down to deepened the kiss chuckling before he parted from it with a small peck.

"Calcifer no matter what I do you whine about where I do it, even when Josie fed you to make your fire more vibrant." Luna stuck her tongue out roughly sending a glare his way with a chuckle.

"If you wanna make babies, go into the hoarder room of yours!" I burst into quick laughter shaking smacking at Howl's chest at the look of disbelief that was displayed over his face.

"Wow you two have some mouths on you." He snickered a couple times shaking his head, allowing for his hands to rub at my hip bone a couple times, moving to rest his chin on top of my head whispering in a more playful tone.

"How are we ever gonna have alone time with this many people in the castle. "

"It was your idea to have two fire demons two wizard apprentices and Sophie who is on so caring to deal with your whining storms of bubble baths." A rumbled like laugh left him,watching him pull away for a moment to speak to me cupping at my face once more.

"You easily too can go back to sleeping in your room dear, I don't whine." He grumbled in a cute tone pecking the edge of my nose a few short times before pulling away from the embrace screaming at Markl about burning something.