Chapter Three

Josie's Pov
Momentarily I felt a shift around me, everything rushing to my head at a fast pace, when I slowly fluttered my eyes open.

I hissed shooting up quite fast to clutch my stomach a little feeling like my body was on fire. It was painful but it was like a warm fire.

"Oh, my body feels likes it's on fire," I whined out quietly shutting my eyes for a brief moment to let the pain slowly sustain but when I fluttered my eyes open again I was looking around very confused.

I slowly let my hands rest at my side glancing to look around the very large bed in awe my hand stroking at the sheets a little.

I felt my hair was in a very messy state, but I snapped my eyes all around to get a much better look at everything, the room looked very junky but it was pretty in a way.

All this sliver, and gold jewelry. I then snapped my head to look up at the ceiling at the little things a faint smile going across my face.

The sudden sound of the door to bedroom creaking open had me looking over to see a very pretty girl entering the room, her hair was the color of starlight, and when she snapped her head up.

She looked very panicked but in a cute manner. "Oh my goodness you are awake, Howl she's awake!" I winced not even getting my name out before she was rushing out leaving me in a confused state.

I chuckled quietly rubbing at the back of my head deeply before pulling the warm blanket off myself standing up.

I spun around a few times before I held my hands out looking at them.

"Hm... Strange the fire feels different." I muttered creating a small spark watching it flare up a bit and I smiled at it before I looked up hearing the husky deep voice.

"Glad to see you awake sleeping beauty, you feel different." I held my breath a little looking to see Howl with a small smile on his face and the girl who rushed out hovering behind him looking a little shy.

"Very different my body feels like it's on fire but like, a nice way," I muttered like a questioned laughing quietly looking down at the flames on my hands.

"Why isn't it burning me?" I questioned again slowly letting it die down. Howl let a small chuckle out.

"Well that would be a little bit of my magic working, well it's magic." He let such a majestic laugh out his blue hair flowing behind his ears.

"Sophie don't be shy, this is Josie she's my new apprentice, I'm 90% positive she is a fire witch." Howl gave the girl named Sophie a small push so she was in front of me. She flashed me a smile.

"It's really nice to meet you, I've heard you'll become an extraordinary witch." She laughed gently tucking her hair away. "I can't control it, but I do hope that's what will happen."

I chuckled quietly rubbing at the back of my head bashful. Now noticing we weren't in the shop anymore.

"Sophie, do you mind showing her around the castle while I go handle some things? Make sure she meets Calcifer I'm sure he'll enjoy having another person with flames." Howl stared at me ruffling up my hair.

"Don't cause trouble Josie I have a feeling you and Markl are gonna cause a lot." I felt this sudden warmth of an amused emotion making me shiver. Howl then left the room which I now connected the thoughts that this was his room.

"Come then, Josie." Sophie giggled gently at me grabbing my hand she pulled me with her. Before we were walking through a hall.

I then was looking around in awe when we came down the stairs and I saw a dog running by with the floppy ears I had ever seen with something in his mouth with Markl running by.

"Heen Drop it! Oh hey, Josie." I smiled waving a little feeling a small shift.

"Well this is the main floor, there's a few bedrooms down here including yours. I prepared it actually, the kitchen is there so is a study, this is kinda like the living room there are so many rooms."

She laughed quietly before she leads me towards a small area where I saw a large flame by a fireplace with a set of huge black eyes and a mouth. Sophie grinned before she was kneeling down.

"And this here is Calcifer he is a fire demon and he is what is making the castle fly." She looked back at me with a smile. I had to do a double-take.

"D-did you just say fly." I squeaked out seeing her nod her head at me again followed by a giggle.

"Hey lady! Impressed? Yeah, I'm the mighty fire demon Calcifer, so I hear you aren't a normal girl what can you do?" He shot the question out to me surprising me even more when he started talking.

I squeaked but I then held both my hands in front of me creating a small flame in the shape of him but to my very very surprise sudden eyes popped out from the flame in my hand making all three of us stare in complete shock.

I heard a yawn escape from the flames before a very much female voice spoke, her eyes were blue, and her flame was a soft blue color.

"What are you ugly humans staring at me for? Oh, look another fire demon. " I let a loud scream out the same time that Sophie did follow by Calcifer.

I dropped the flame demon right next to Calcifer on the fireplace.

"Hey watch it! I'm delicate!" I squeaked again fast.

"Howl!" I screamed quickly whipping around. I grunted when my chest hit a broad chest feeling arms wrapped around me fast.

"Jesus! What's the matter?" I relaxed a little hearing Howl but I quickly grabbed his arm when Sophie was staring in awe.

"I made a fire demon-like Calcifer! She just came out of my hand. " I squeaked watching his face twist expression before he pulled me into his side to take a look, looking in awe before he was kneeling.

"Well, hello there," Howl spoke. She was staring looking very irritated.

"My name is Luna an all-mighty fire demon." I stared wide at her but Howl then let the loudest laugh out.

"Well, Calcifer looks like you have yourself a little girlfriend."

"That's how funny Howl!"